PDA

View Full Version : Waterless or Rinseless for Water Conditioner

WRXINXS
04-11-2013, 06:34 PM
I have been rinseless solutions (Either ONR or DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss) as a water conditioner (I add an ounce to my traditional wash bucket along with reguar shampoo for the added lubrication).

I see that the waterless solutions are only a few dollars more such has DP Waterless / Blackfire Waterless or Ultima Waterless.

Would the waterless solutions perform even better and add more lubrication as a water conditioner?

The small increase in price is not really a concern.

Drew

camaro2ssblack
04-11-2013, 07:05 PM
I think it would definitely be slicker. But at some point are you making the surface too slick to allow the soap and wash media to do their thing? Maybe not just a thought.

ScottB
04-11-2013, 07:11 PM
ONR works well as a water conditioner ...

Robert8194
04-11-2013, 08:39 PM
+1 on ONR

spiralout462
04-11-2013, 10:10 PM
Do you notice a decrease in foam when adding a rinseless product? I do add ONRWW sometimes and it seems like it might reduce the foam a little. I wonder how a waterless product would behave with the foam action???

RhetoricMixes
04-11-2013, 10:33 PM
I've made it a practice to always add 1-2oz of ONR to my wash bucket as well as about .5oz to my rinse bucket. Helps with drying and water spot issues. Also makes everything feel slicker IMO.

cardaddy
04-11-2013, 11:43 PM
I've made it a practice to always add 1-2oz of ONR to my wash bucket as well as about .5oz to my rinse bucket. Helps with drying and water spot issues. Also makes everything feel slicker IMO.

You do that TOO! ;) I don't put quite so much in my wash bucket, more like 1oz at most, but I also put the ½ oz in my 'dirty water' bucket. (rinse bucket)

I've even been known to reuse the soap water if what I washed was fairly clean. By using the 2 bucket method the wash media gets rinsed out so good that I find the soap water actually stays considerably cleaner than it did in the "old days". :rolleyes:

WRXINXS
04-12-2013, 07:36 AM
Do you notice a decrease in foam when adding a rinseless product? I do add ONRWW sometimes and it seems like it might reduce the foam a little. I wonder how a waterless product would behave with the foam action???

Lots of people say they do notice a decrease in foam/suds. I do not find that to be the case but I only add about an ounce of ONR/Wash & Gloss to about 4 gallons wash solution.

I am interested as well in how a waterless product would behave with the foam. Maybe someone who has tried can chime in.

I might just go with some waterless to try as a conditioner and find out. Depends on if any rinselss/waterless go on BOGO today!

FUNX650
04-12-2013, 09:06 AM
I have been rinseless solutions (Either ONR or DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss) as a water conditioner (I add an ounce to my traditional wash bucket along with reguar shampoo for the added lubrication).

I see that the waterless solutions are only a few dollars more such has DP Waterless / Blackfire Waterless or Ultima Waterless.

Would the waterless solutions perform even better and add more lubrication as a water conditioner?

The small increase in price is not really a concern.

Drew
Drew...

-ONRW&S is usually used as a Rinseless-Wash @..........1oz. ONRW&S : 1gal. Water
-ONRW&S is usually used as a Waterless-Wash/QD @....8oz. ONRW&S : 1gal. Water

If money were to be of no concern:
Sorry...This never does apply to me.

Let me rephrase: If I were to use ONRW&S as a water-softener...
I'd probably go with your 1oz of ONRW&S in my traditional (5gal. of water) wash bucket scenario...
along with, of course, the car-wash shampoo.

-There are probably other "rinseless-wash products" that will perform as water-softeners
using the: 1oz. per gallon of water dilution ratio...as well.

-I've never tried a: Waterless-Wash/QD as a "water-softener" before.
I really don't plan on ever doing so either. Perhaps that's just me though.

:)

Bob

RhetoricMixes
04-12-2013, 09:13 AM
You do that TOO! ;) I don't put quite so much in my wash bucket, more like 1oz at most, but I also put the ½ oz in my 'dirty water' bucket. (rinse bucket)

The only reason i add about 2oz to my wash bucket is IMO a "safe guard" to me since my water is hard and ONR works so great as a conditioner. In fact i noticed when i add it to my wash bucket I get MORE suds than with my plain water alone. That tells me right there that the ONR works :xyxthumbs: