PDA

View Full Version : Valid age for being "old school"...

Pages : [1] 2 3

TH3M B0N3Z
04-11-2013, 06:33 PM
What's a proper or valid age to consider yourself "old school"? I'm 26 at the end of this month, and I oftentimes consider myself old school. Pretty much all the music I listen to ranges from the 60's to the early 2000's and I really can't stand anything after that. Today's music is just plain garbage... at least what you see on MTV or hear on the radio. I'm into heavy metal though, bands like Metallica, Slayer, etc. and then I listen to Elton John, STP, SRV, and then back to Slayer and then the Lord of the Rings soundtrack, LOL... and Batman. :D

Jesucristo, I'm rambling. So, music-wise, I consider myself old school. Oh... and I don't even have a smart phone... never had one and can hardly work one, lol. I have a simple slide style phone, unlimited calls and texts, dropped the thing so many times and it still rings and wakes me up every damn morning for work.

But is 26 too young to be old school? Am I making sense...

VroomVroom
04-11-2013, 06:35 PM
"Old school" is definitely a vibe....no age requirement or limitation. Good for you.

dad07
04-11-2013, 06:42 PM
"Old school" is definitely a vibe....no age requirement or limitation. Good for you.

:iagree: but I do have the age to back up the vibe :laughing:

TH3M B0N3Z
04-11-2013, 06:44 PM

Hmm... I wonder if I put off that vibe or do I just think I do? LOL.

I even love old movies. Just watched Predator the other night, lol. I saw the new Hobbit movie and that's the last movie I've been to. I love the LOTR and Hobbit movies. But I'm not into these remakes of classic films and all. Jurassic Park 3D? Come on. I love JR, makes me feel like a kid again every time I watch it, but the 3D thing is running dry, I think. Seems like nobody has any good ideas. Sometimes I think of JAWS being remade... but they'd just eff it all up and make it all extremely gory.

runrun411
04-11-2013, 06:51 PM
You know your old school when your favorite songs are being called "classics".

TH3M B0N3Z
04-11-2013, 06:54 PM

My favorite era of heavy metal is from the 80's to the early 90's. Wish I grew up then...

I played guitar from 16 to 20-21, but I've slacked off to not playing whatsoever. Thought I'd always keep that up. Detailing is my favorite hobby so far. I wonder if that'll get old someday? :(

dad07
04-11-2013, 06:57 PM

Yep.....at least they are not antiques.

Setec Astronomy
04-11-2013, 07:06 PM
Today's music is just plain garbage... at least what you see on MTV or hear on the radio.

They play music on MTV? When did that start?

Fishincricket
04-11-2013, 07:08 PM
My favorite era of heavy metal is from the 80's to the early 90's. Wish I grew up then..

Man, some good lumbo back then, eh? lol :wink:

People always remember/consider the good stuff, but you're forgetting all the hardships and turmoil going on back then...

Ah, the good old days. lol

Be young while you can, man...

TH3M B0N3Z
04-11-2013, 07:09 PM
They play music on MTV? When did that start?

Eh, occasionally. They actually dropped the "Music" part of their name. Guess M stands for Moronic. Moronic Television. That's about what it is...

But whatever music they do play, it's garbage. I don't mind a little bit of rap if it's old school like Snoop Dogg, etc., but today's rap is just ridiculous. It sounds like dance music with rap lyrics... like techno dance music.

Sometimes I feel like an old soul. God... I'll be terrible when I'm really old.

TH3M B0N3Z
04-11-2013, 07:10 PM
Man, some good lumbo back then, eh? lol :wink:

People always remember/consider the good stuff, but you're forgetting all the hardships and turmoil going on back then...

Ah, the good old days. lol

Be young while you can, man...

Oh, I definitely try to stay young! LOL. Sometimes I feel like a goofy kid...

Fishincricket
04-11-2013, 07:20 PM
Oh, I definitely try to stay young! LOL. Sometimes I feel like a goofy kid...

Only because we are, my friend.

rustytruck
04-11-2013, 07:21 PM
I'm old school (age 39) on some things but cutting edge on others.

Bill1234
04-11-2013, 07:55 PM
hey, put it this way, im younger than 20 and im listening to music from the 1940s-1990s. Old skool is much better. Old skool could mean doing it the old fashioned way which is sometimes better

dcjredline
04-11-2013, 08:11 PM
I think OLD SCHOOL is Early 80's and previous, I am 41. I think the definition is REALATIVE. Old school to one person is not old school enough to another.