PDA

View Full Version : PB's SSR2.5 & smoker's tinted windows

cusepack
05-19-2007, 05:26 AM
Detailed a friend's car yesterday, and while cleaning the inside windows, I noticed a film (on top of the tints) that looked scratched in some areas, hazy, and smeared in others. I realized it was a build-up of smoke. Stoner's was getting the work done, but it was tedious and I had to clean/rub a very small area at a time to see results (and this was a 4dr). Out of curiosity, decided to step up to an abrasive. First tried the PC with a green pad, but for some reason, the pad didn't hug the window enough for any real results. Decided to use a terry pad by hand, and voila, lifted all the smoke film/haze/scratches, and, left amazing clarity through the tints. I was pleasantly surprised and will use this technique again, should the need arise.

BILL
05-19-2007, 07:49 AM
Detailed a friend's car yesterday, and while cleaning the inside windows, I noticed a film (on top of the tints) that looked scratched in some areas, hazy, and smeared in others. I realized it was a build-up of smoke. Stoner's was getting the work done, but it was tedious and I had to clean/rub a very small area at a time to see results (and this was a 4dr). Out of curiosity, decided to step up to an abrasive. First tried the PC with a green pad, but for some reason, the pad didn't hug the window enough for any real results. Decided to use a terry pad by hand, and voila, lifted all the smoke film/haze/scratches, and, left amazing clarity through the tints. I was pleasantly surprised and will use this technique again, should the need arise.

YOU ARE BRAVE......I never would have thought to use the P.C on the tint as a pre-solution....im always afraid i'll scratch the tint........
good tip.......thanks...........:cheers: