PDA

View Full Version : Apc mixed with interior dressing?

akj
04-10-2013, 10:10 PM
I recently posted a question trying to get ideas on how to speed up production detailing. One guy posted to mix apc with apc like an AIO for interior. I asked for more info but didn't get him to reply I tried searching nothing comes up.
I have megs hyper dressing and megs apc (the green one)
I mix the HD 2:1 and the apc 10:1 for interiors.
Has anyone done this or know anything about it?
If so how would I mix? How much water, apc, & dressing?
Also how does it finish? Is it good for really dusty dashes?
Any info at all?

Sent from my SCH-L710 using AG Online

Bates Detailing
04-10-2013, 10:18 PM
Seems Ideal - BUT, we had an employee mention the same idea about 2 years ago when we were doing Semi interiors everyday. If using a cleaning agent with detergents, it seems IMO that adding a shine that the cleaning agents would remove would be redundant. Also, when using an APC, for best results - wipe over the APC'ed area with a wet rag/MF to remove detergents before dressing to ensure that the area dressed would be long lasting. If mixing the two, it seems that either the cleaning side and/or the dressing side would be affected greatly with the mixture of the two. My 2 cents of course, but I think quality on either end would be compromised significantly.

akj
04-10-2013, 10:39 PM
Yea wow I never even thought if that..

PiPUK
04-11-2013, 03:51 AM
It depends on the products and what are in them. Being brutally honest, without being a chemist and having a list of the ingredients, it is nothing more than guess work as to whether it will be a) functional and b) safe. Probably your biggest problem is that the cleaning detergents and the ingredients in many protecting products are incompatible - they will react together to form a salt and water, not two separate active ingredients. Chances are it will not be at all dangerous to do so, but chances are the result will be very much less effective than the individual components.

Depending what you want to do, there are products out there which are all in ones. Certainly I have at least one product which will remove dirt and oils from any hard surfaces or even leather while depositing a satin finish, antistatic film. I am pretty sure there will be multiple other products on the market which will do this.

BucboyInPa
04-11-2013, 05:27 AM
Know the Malco makes a product that cleans and shine all in one,I used it once and it did work.when I get in the shop today I wil get you the name of the product.

Mach1USMC
04-11-2013, 05:50 AM
I recently posted a question trying to get ideas on how to speed up production detailing. One guy posted to mix apc with apc like an AIO for interior. I asked for more info but didn't get him to reply I tried searching nothing comes up.
I have megs hyper dressing and megs apc (the green one)
I mix the HD 2:1 and the apc 10:1 for interiors.
Has anyone done this or know anything about it?
If so how would I mix? How much water, apc, & dressing?
Also how does it finish? Is it good for really dusty dashes?
Any info at all?

I keep seeing Garry talking about his Infinite Use Detail Juice as a ALL in one. Looking at his vids it seems like it works really well for pretty much everything from washing, dressing tires and trim, as well as cleaning and dressing the interior.... I have not seen any independent verification however. I may order some this summer when people start selling their cars and I'll report back.

Setec Astronomy
04-11-2013, 07:02 AM
Here's your answer:

Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer, vinyl and rubber cleaner, interior cleaner, dash cleaner, cockpit cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-quik-interior-detailer.html)

WRAPT C5Z06
04-11-2013, 08:06 AM
Doesn't sound right to me...at all.