PDA

View Full Version : WG "WETS" on Interior Panels?

MarkD51
04-09-2013, 10:38 PM
Hello All, and please forgive me if this has been covered before, I think it was, but couldn't find anything in my recent searches.

Has anyone used Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant on Interior Panels as a treatment?

Honestly, I really don't have much in the way of Interior Products, I have the WETS, have Formula 303, and about the only other candidate I have on hand, is Meg's Ultimate Trim Restorer.

I've recently done some badly needed repairs on my Kia Spectra's Dashboard, where the dash was coming unglued at the Defroster Vents. I initiated repairs with a somewhat satisfactory outcome, and it looks much better.

I stripped the dash with APC, and an Alcohol wipedown, and it was filthy, and probably removed most remnants of (dare I say it) Armor All.

I'm thinking that something like the WETS might proove durable on the Dash, and other Panels, spiff up the interior appearance, and also offer a non-oily protective surface that won't be so prone to attract dust?

Good idea? Or no? Thanks, Mark

Setec Astronomy
04-09-2013, 10:41 PM
You could give it a try, I really like WETS so I just bought some of the similar interior product, Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant, but I haven't gotten to use it yet. The WETS seems awful solventy, so I'm a little wary of using it on the interior.

MarkD51
04-09-2013, 10:55 PM
You could give it a try, I really like WETS so I just bought some of the similar interior product, Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant, but I haven't gotten to use it yet. The WETS seems awful solventy, so I'm a little wary of using it on the interior.

Thanks for your thoughts, and advising perhaps some cautions.

Perhaps it might be wise to try the WETS in an a less noticeable area first, like perhaps a panel in the trunk area?

This way in the event of any possible solvent-type damage occuring, it wouldn't bother me much being there.