PDA

View Full Version : Those damn yellow spots!

Pages : [1] 2

klumzypinoy
05-18-2007, 03:37 PM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q2/sgs4u14/IMG_2551.jpg

If you look at the bottom right part of the picture, there's a yellow spot.
ScottGT, I hope you don't mind me using one of your pictures :D at the moment I don't have the yellow spotting to take a picture of.

I get these yellow spots on my car, and also my parents cars. They are a PAIN to remove. How can I take these off without stripping LSP? They don't seem to come off LSP :(

ScottB
05-18-2007, 03:40 PM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q2/sgs4u14/IMG_2551.jpg

If you look at the bottom right part of the picture, there's a yellow spot.
ScottGT, I hope you don't mind me using one of your pictures :D at the moment I don't have the yellow spotting to take a picture of.

I get these yellow spots on my car, and also my parents cars. They are a PAIN to remove. How can I take these off without stripping LSP? They don't seem to come off LSP :(

Likely sap ,sometimes birdie pee-pee, and even pollen when wet and dried. Good protection helps. Soak with qd'er for a moment then wipe is another.

klumzypinoy
05-18-2007, 04:38 PM
Likely sap ,sometimes birdie pee-pee, and even pollen when wet and dried. Good protection helps. Soak with qd'er for a moment then wipe is another.

Bird pee pee lol. Man, that stuff is like glue. If QD doesn't work, what else can I do?

scottgt
05-18-2007, 04:52 PM
hahah....mine was T-REX pee..um jk..ya i soak it with qd...and then use microgfiber to get it off

Jdm
05-18-2007, 05:01 PM
If its tree sap you could use methol hydrate, but that will strip your wax/sealant

koibybrian
05-18-2007, 05:07 PM
Hey if it is just a bird count your blessings, I have Geese, ducks an Hearings(Green an Blue an ocassional Sand Krane) That could and have bombarded my Vehicles. Heerings are the worst when startled. Like a Saint Bernard when startled.

klumzypinoy
05-18-2007, 05:27 PM
Thanks guys.

Koiby, pray that an Owl never drops bombs! They have some huge droppings :eek:

JDM, never heard of methol hydrate.

ScottGT, Wow I'm surprised the T Rex didn't pee all over!

I guess I'm just gonna have to do the QD way.

Tex Star Detail
05-18-2007, 06:40 PM
I have a few on my truck, and usually on every customers car.. pressure washing doesn't budge them!!!!

JBs
05-18-2007, 11:23 PM
i usually use my nail when i come across a stubborn one... i need to find a new method

scottgt
05-19-2007, 12:20 AM
ya nail with scratch the paint like crazy on black...and you can see it..white is prob not to bad

klumzypinoy
05-19-2007, 02:26 AM
I don't like using my nail, my dad does that though :( lol. I guess claying is the only way if it won't come off being soaked with QD. I'd just have to rewax.

milky
05-19-2007, 03:49 AM
I get a lot of those!! grr bee poop :(
mine usually comes off after a good soaking though..comes off a lot easier than bird poop.

bambo2888
05-19-2007, 08:02 AM
i usually use my nail when i come across a stubborn one... i need to find a new method

haha yea, especially if its bird piss.

klumzypinoy
05-19-2007, 07:05 PM
haha yea, especially if its bird piss.

I thought birds pee AND poo at the same time :p

Reddog
05-19-2007, 08:20 PM
Here in Virginia I get these green-yellow mini-helicopter seed like things from a poplar tree in my yard. This stuff can set like petrified wood in a couple of days. I have tried clay, gasoline, tar remover, compound by hand and get most of it off. Sometimes it still leaves a stain that I can see but not feel. I agree bird poop/pee is tought but still not as bad as this stuff. There is some good news about it only coming once a year for about thirty days. That beats the 365 days a year the winged critters can visit you.
I have a question. Do I need to get a decoder for the shorthand or just visit more often to get the hang of it?

Rick