PDA

View Full Version : Stop light on rear shelf

BILL
05-26-2006, 12:31 PM
Does anyone have a clue other than taking the whole rear glass out as how to clean that rear inside glass area between the rear glass and the stop light housing......it's a very tight fit....i was thinking maybe if i could find one [an ink blotter and moistened it] to slide between the glass and the housing and then pull it up and down to clean between......:confused: im stumped

pt91
05-26-2006, 01:47 PM
Does anyone have a clue other than taking the whole rear glass out as how to clean that rear inside glass area between the rear glass and the stop light housing......it's a very tight fit....i was thinking maybe if i could find one [an ink blotter and moistened it] to slide between the glass and the housing and then pull it up and down to clean between......:confused: im stumped

How about a thin MF towel folded over a piece of stiff, thick plastic? Sort of a homemade glass master.

Surfer
05-26-2006, 04:21 PM
How about a thin MF towel folded over a piece of stiff, think plastic? Sort of a homemade glass master.lmao, I read that and thought you said "folded over a piece of sh*t" :D

BILL
05-26-2006, 04:27 PM
How about a thin MF towel folded over a piece of stiff, think plastic? Sort of a homemade glass master.

:o not enough room....its about the thickness of an envelope

When they re-did my rear glass tint today, which by the way is an improvement, the soap water they use to wet the inside rear glass dripped down into that tight area and it's driving me crazy to get it out.....:confused:

BILL
05-26-2006, 04:29 PM
lmao, I read that and thought you said "folded over a piece of sh*t" :D

If you read it fast? YES! it may read that way also:p

pt91
05-26-2006, 04:55 PM
How easy would it be to remove the housing?

BILL
05-26-2006, 05:08 PM
How easy would it be to remove the housing?

Not sure......but there must be a another way....i was thinking of something you gave me an idea...maybe i can fit a M.F. around a putty knife.....it may slide in.....not sure :o

ScottB
05-26-2006, 06:01 PM
Most GM products are only held in place by a couple screws in the deck. Its the same as removing to replace bulbs. Check the owners manual, but probably best line of attack.

BILL
05-26-2006, 06:13 PM
Most GM products are only held in place by a couple screws in the deck. Its the same as removing to replace bulbs. Check the owners manual, but probably best line of attack.

Good idea....... thanks Killr......;)

P.S. Just checked the manual......nothing about what i need

i'll look under there tomorrow and see if i see anything.....maybe also the housing cover just pops off from inside on the shelf, but i doubt it....:o

NissanOwner
05-26-2006, 10:59 PM
Not sure......but there must be a another way....i was thinking of something you gave me an idea...maybe i can fit a M.F. around a putty knife.....it may slide in.....not sure :o

Becareful if you try that putty knife, you wouldn't want to scratch your brand new tint.

I don't think its that hard to take off.

BILL
05-27-2006, 06:57 AM
Becareful if you try that putty knife, you wouldn't want to scratch your brand new tint.

I don't think its that hard to take off.

Well see today........ill be careful of the tint....thanks...:)

UPDATE:: After examining under the rear shelf i discovered 4 slide knobs that slide back and forth, and what these slides do is release the housing box on top of the rear shelf back far enough to get something in between the rear glass and the housing to clean the glass, we'll that something was a cake spatchler 8 inch's long by 1 1/2 inches wide, i wrapped a piece of paper towel around the spatchler and sprayed the paper towel with stoner's and slide the spatchler in between the glass and the housing and WALA:awesome: it was cleaned, then i slide the underneath rear shelf slides back into the original position and admired my work..im a happy guy.........:righton: