PDA

View Full Version : Glad to be here learning!

hoyt66
04-09-2013, 06:07 PM
On another car site (non detailing) I'm on someone posted about doing the baggie test on their paint. Here's some post's from the thread

I don't recall what this test is or does. Can you enlighten the ignorant, please?

somebody runs a bag over my car they may be in for a thumpin or a good chewing out. been to lots of shows all over and have never seen that done.

When you live in Autogeek world it's hard to believe when ppl don't know about detailing related things. I said it a hundred times. Glad to be here!

maximus20895
04-09-2013, 06:28 PM
Yes, the plastic bag test tests to see if the paint need to be clayed. If you can feel any bumps or it feels like sand then the paint needs to be clayed.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/27967-baggie-test-how-inspect-above-surface-bonded-contaminants.html

cartman57
04-09-2013, 06:40 PM
On another car site (non detailing) I'm on someone posted about doing the baggie test on their paint. Here's some post's from the thread

I don't recall what this test is or does. Can you enlighten the ignorant, please?

somebody runs a bag over my car they may be in for a thumpin or a good chewing out. been to lots of shows all over and have never seen that done.

When you live in Autogeek world it's hard to believe when ppl don't know about detailing related things. I said it a hundred times. Glad to be here!

I agree, a lot of great info and members willing to help here.
Non detail oriented people either don't understand or care what a baggie test is.

ixnod
04-13-2013, 06:09 PM
I demonstrated the " baggie test" with my wife on her car She was absolutely mortified.

I then proceeded to clay a small section of the car then had her re-test the section I had clayed. She was mightily impress.

( I am working up to budgeting in a few choice goodies and in a few years I will be able to get wolfgang or a pinnacle item)

hoyt66
04-13-2013, 06:53 PM
I demonstrated the " baggie test" with my wife on her car She was absolutely mortified.

I then proceeded to clay a small section of the car then had her re-test the section I had clayed. She was mightily impress.

( I am working up to budgeting in a few choice goodies and in a few years I will be able to get wolfgang or a pinnacle item)

AG sells some great products that are relatively inexpensive and very effective . While Wolfgang and pinnacle are great product lines don't wait to get great detailing supplies.

RedRaider
04-13-2013, 09:11 PM
I'm loving this place!!!

Anthony@zerboautoworks
04-13-2013, 09:14 PM
I'm loving this place!!!

Yeah you will become an addict, faster than you can blink!

spiralout462
04-13-2013, 09:22 PM

You really need to price high quality products at cost per use. For example ONE ounce of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant is more than enough to protect your ride for months and months. Shampoo's are another example; Most high end brands are diluted 1oz/gl. compared to 2oz./gl. of most OTC brands. The bottle of quality soap would have to cost more than double the off the shelf products to actually cost more. I find that most of PBMG brand products are an excellent value!