PDA

View Full Version : Carpet brush attachment stuck on my griots, help please

precisionautosalon
04-09-2013, 04:23 PM
I just got an order for some carpet brush attachments and was trying to swap out the old brush on my griots 6in da until I realized how tight its on there... Any idea as to how to get the old attachment off??16947

RedXray
04-09-2013, 04:50 PM
Clamp some vice-grips tight on the wrench for more torque, place a towel over the brush for better grip.

precisionautosalon
04-09-2013, 04:58 PM
Ive actually stripped a couple of my wrenches already and am afraid of losing another wrench. I think that might be my last...

precisionautosalon
04-09-2013, 05:13 PM
Would you happen to know how to take it apart?

Setec Astronomy
04-09-2013, 06:16 PM
How could that be on there so tight that you have stripped the opening in the wrench?? That brush is plastic with a molded-in thread insert, I know those wrenches are thin but you would think the plastic on the brush would give first--are you turning it the right way?

precisionautosalon
04-09-2013, 07:04 PM
Yes it actually was on there that tight. I ended up just driving down to griots and they helped me out. The guy working there tried to remove it and thats exactly what happened, he said the brush broke off so he just swapped it out for a used one they had on hand. Those guys are always very willing to help out with anything... Man im really impressed with their service

psynx
04-09-2013, 07:05 PM
you probably stripped the threading is you ruined some wrenches trying to get it off. Good luck trying to get that off :(