PDA

View Full Version : That last special touch?

otruba_843
04-08-2013, 07:03 PM
What the finishing touches do you guys do that wow the customer? Something that shows you care and have attention to detail?

Detailing by M
04-08-2013, 07:24 PM
I do alot of little things. I'm going to do a write up soon but I'm tired.
I carry silicon with me and fix moldings/rubber and the like.
Also I have spray glue. the other day I fix a piece of carpet that was falling off a seat. Oh yea, and I fixed her seat. the clip had come off and I fixed that too.
Repaired a Lic plate light.
I think I'm going to carry some wiper blades for those mini van rear blades that are always shot.
Humm, what else.... oh yea I show up! lol.
I tell my customers I'm a "car guy and I'll fix those little things for you" especialy if it's a woman and they have no clue how to fix things on a car. I don't want to only be their detailer I want to be the guy who takes car of there car. A few of my customers just love this about me and they have a list of stuff for me to fix sometimes. Always get big tips on these jobs!

dad07
04-08-2013, 08:16 PM
Just to name a few

ckeck tire pressures.
make sure all lights are working inside and out.
anything found inside of value is properly bagged and tagged.

And all T's are crossed and i's are dotted....about the detail.

Pureshine
04-08-2013, 08:22 PM
I do alot of little things. I'm going to do a write up soon but I'm tired.
I carry silicon with me and fix moldings/rubber and the like.
Also I have spray glue. the other day I fix a piece of carpet that was falling off a seat. Oh yea, and I fixed her seat. the clip had come off and I fixed that too.
Repaired a Lic plate light.
I think I'm going to carry some wiper blades for those mini van rear blades that are always shot.
Humm, what else.... oh yea I show up! lol.
I tell my customers I'm a "car guy and I'll fix those little things for you" especialy if it's a woman and they have no clue how to fix things on a car. I don't want to only be their detailer I want to be the guy who takes car of there car. A few of my customers just love this about me and they have a list of stuff for me to fix sometimes. Always get big tips on these jobs!

If its a first time customer I always go the extra mile to make them happy. I had an older ladies car that head lights where trash I did a quick fix so she could see better at night. took me 5 mins and she was very happy probably cost me $3 to fix.

otruba_843
04-09-2013, 10:42 AM
Any other tips. It's a first time client and he's helping me do something on my car and I'm cleaning his car and waxing.

cleanmycorolla
04-09-2013, 11:53 AM
One thing I do, and this is a variation of something I read on here long ago. But what I do is whatever I gather up, item wise while cleaning their car, loose change, etc....I leave that all in a little bin with a business card or something with my contact in there. A ncie way of saying I didnt steal your stuff, hahahah and I found you $2 in change and that old CD you were looking for. :)