PDA

View Full Version : Interior detail with syphon gun

CAD
04-08-2013, 01:02 PM
Yeah, I am considering purchasing a tornador for interiors, but I use to work at this place where we used a syphon air gun hooked to a compressor with a hose in our cleaner. It seemed to work pretty good, but it's been a long time since then and wondered if anyone has any experience using a syphon gun to achieve the same application as the tornador. If so what's a good place to get one or do any of them work. Thanks.

Andr3wilson
04-08-2013, 01:33 PM
I have never used a syphon gun. They are similar in how they use compressed air to blow cleaner out. The I would give the advantage to the tornador though because uses less air at a lower PSI, and its motion blows the dirt up and out, not deeper. This video explains how it works!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtYdrP2bdp8]TornadorClean-Black Z-020 - YouTube[/video]

CAD
04-08-2013, 02:02 PM
Yeah that thing looks like it works good. What about with a small air compressor that puts out 2.0 SCFM at 90 psi. Do you know if that will work?

Andr3wilson
04-08-2013, 02:19 PM
It won't, the tornador needs 5.0 at 90, but it runs at 75-80psi so it changes a tad. I ran mine on a 2.6 scfm compressor for a while, it burns them up real quick. The Syphon needs 8-9 scfm @ 100 to run.

cardaddy
04-08-2013, 02:51 PM
Yeah that thing looks like it works good. What about with a small air compressor that puts out 2.0 SCFM at 90 psi. Do you know if that will work?

Yup, I have the same question. I just did a conversion from the statement in the video that converts roughly to 65psi @ 9.5 cfm. I have no idea how or what that means in the real world when you have a small compressor that's rated say 4.9scfm @ 90 psi. I know it'll put out more at lesser psi, but how much more?

Either way... I see me needing yet ANOTHER compressor! (Like that's gonna' happen anytime soon. ) :rolleyes:

Andr3wilson
04-08-2013, 06:27 PM
Yup, I have the same question. I just did a conversion from the statement in the video that converts roughly to 65psi @ 9.5 cfm. I have no idea how or what that means in the real world when you have a small compressor that's rated say 4.9scfm @ 90 psi. I know it'll put out more at lesser psi, but how much more?

Either way... I see me needing yet ANOTHER compressor! (Like that's gonna' happen anytime soon. ) :rolleyes:

SCFM (standard (regards to temp and barometric pressure) cubic feet per minute) is a combination of your tank size and motor output on a compressor. There is no finite definition for SCFM because gases are compressible and there are many different cases for what it can apply to. Really you can have a small motor on a big tank and a big motor (such as a gas motor) on a small tank and have equal SCFM. Most of the time as you drop PSI SCFM will rise.

Keep in mind though the Tornador requires at between 65-80 PSI to operate. Really you can use one on a smaller compressor, you just need to do short bursts and get use to the compressor recharging.

Anything 30+ is perfect for the Tornador! I would argue though, if you are going for a full sized compressor, get a 60+, that way you can run air tools such as the Rupes!