PDA

View Full Version : D156 vs V7

Pages : [1] 2 3

ihaveacamaro
04-08-2013, 10:57 AM
Thoughts? Probably typing to pick one of these up eventually. I don't want to pick up a glaze though, so let me know what you think as stand alone products.

Thanks! :)

WRAPT C5Z06
04-08-2013, 10:59 AM
so let me know what you think as stand alone products.

I would not consider these for durability.

ihaveacamaro
04-08-2013, 11:03 AM
Durability is a non issue :)

Jrocket
04-08-2013, 11:04 AM
What about OCW? I love OCW and find myself using it quite a bit now compared to my V7 especially for friends, family and clients.

Personal opinion V7 looks great for about a day at best. Usually use it as a temp LSP( great looks for the day) after washing as my car is currently topped with MENZ Powerlock

Seems to really add a little gloss and pop but durability seems rather poor. No worries thought since the protection is from my sealant

No experience with D156

Dogfather
04-08-2013, 11:10 AM
Thoughts? Probably typing to pick one of these up eventually. I don't want to pick up a glaze though, so let me know what you think as stand alone products.

Thanks! :)

Is V7 like an Aquawax/Z-8 type thing?

Evan.J
04-08-2013, 11:11 AM
Roshan found this for you.

I have used the consumer Megs Ultimate quick wax which is the same as D156 I have had no issue with it and liked it for after washes.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/59406-impressed-meguiars-x-press-synthetic-spray-wax-2.html

ihaveacamaro
04-08-2013, 11:20 AM
What about OCW? I love OCW and find myself using it quite a bit now compared to my V7 especially for friends, family and clients.

I haven't been impressed with OCW, but to be fair I haven't tried the spray on towel and apply method. It streaks too much for me because I'm always in the sun. Again, this isn't OCW's fault as it says use in the shade, but that's not possible for me all the time.

Thank you for the info on the V7! :)

Roshan found this for you.

I have used the consumer Megs Ultimate quick wax which is the same as D156 I have had no issue with it and liked it for after washes.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/59406-impressed-meguiars-x-press-synthetic-spray-wax-2.html

Thanks for the link Evan. I've used the Megs UQW too and really liked it, but I was wondering if someone has used both D156/UQW and V7 and could compare them for me.

WRAPT C5Z06
04-08-2013, 11:35 AM
You mentioned stand alone products, so I figured durability would be considered.

SlowWRX
04-08-2013, 11:38 AM
What about Reload? I find it last a pretty good amount of time as a stand alone. I get about 2months worth of nice beading on a car sitting outside 24/7

silverfox
04-08-2013, 11:38 AM
D156 is my all time go to product. V7 has a bit better protection (sort of a spray sealant) and better wow factor.

I still prefer D156. It beads really nice and sheds water better than V7 and has a deeper wet look

V7 more a candied look

Marc08EX
04-08-2013, 11:48 AM
I really think V7 is over-rated. Although I've only used it twice. With that being said, I love using D156. It's my go to spray wax after every wash. The look it gives is amazing and it's no slouch in durability too!

ihaveacamaro
04-08-2013, 11:53 AM
You mentioned stand alone products, so I figured durability would be considered.

I'm sorry I should have explained. Most people use V7 with blacklight so that's why I said stand alone, because I just want to compare V7 with D156 not V7/Blacklight with D156.

ihaveacamaro
04-08-2013, 11:58 AM
What about Reload? I find it last a pretty good amount of time as a stand alone. I get about 2months worth of nice beading on a car sitting outside 24/7

thanks but too expensive

D156 is my all time go to product. V7 has a bit better protection (sort of a spray sealant) and better wow factor.

I still prefer D156. It beads really nice and sheds water better than V7 and has a deeper wet look

V7 more a candied look

Thank you this is exactly the info I was looking for! I am leaning towards d156 now :props:

I really think V7 is over-rated. Although I've only used it twice. With that being said, I love using D156. It's my go to spray wax after every wash. The look it gives is amazing and it's no slouch in durability too!

Why do you say it's overrated?

WRAPT C5Z06
04-08-2013, 12:17 PM
D156 looks like an excellent after wash product. Also, the fact that it doesn't contain carnauba, means less dust attraction. You can also apply it to wet or dry surfaces.

ihaveacamaro
04-08-2013, 12:45 PM
D156 looks like an excellent after wash product. Also, the fact that it doesn't contain carnauba, means less dust attraction. You can also apply it to wet or dry surfaces.

And in direct sunlight! I think I'm going to go with d156 :)