PDA

View Full Version : I have /will have all of the basics for detailing... now what?

andy2485
04-07-2013, 10:10 PM
I hope to start a mobile detailing business soon. I'm in the process of collecting all of the products i'll need to get the job done. I have..

waxes
polishes/glazes
compounds
pads
car wash
microfibers, etc...

all i really need is a quality vac, and something to clean carpets with.

what i need help with is what are some items that are often forgot and suggestions for a vac and carpet cleaner.

other suggestions are welcomed!

thanks!!

maximus20895
04-07-2013, 10:36 PM
what about a wheel cleaner, chrome polish, window cleaner, etc?

For a vac, just get a wet/dry vac at home depot or lowes and as for the carpet cleaner buy some Folex which is also available at home depot or lowes.

AeroCleanse
04-07-2013, 11:04 PM
What about clay? If you have a DA polisher then I would get the scrub brush attachment for carpets and the nanoskin autoscrub for a clay bar alternative.

I used GTechniq W2 for cleaning carpets, works great at 1:7 (Folex works well for stains)

Spray bottles, and lots of them!

andy2485
04-07-2013, 11:40 PM
yep, cleaners as well. and in my experience so far,detail sprays clean windows great, so ive been using detail spray.

any thoughts on buying items at local stores vs. on-line? where do you buy your supplies?

Cosmin
04-07-2013, 11:49 PM

thanks!!

some business and marketing will get you far ;) , put a business plan down, plan some marketing to make money for new equipment ;)
start right from beginning, goals , motivation etc....
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-make-money-detailing-cars/30965-55-ferraris-12-porsches-2-bentleys-8-months.html

andy2485
04-07-2013, 11:51 PM
thank you, i am in the processing of doing that. once i workout my work places, im going to get that nailed down.

thebamboo23
04-08-2013, 01:27 AM
Generator, pressure washer, foam cannon, waterless wash, rinsless wash, speedy prep towel, at least 3 wash medias, wax remover shampoo and regular wash shampoo, iron x, tar x, brushes, side kick, master blower, tire gel, pad cleaner, mf cleaner, steamer, hot extractor, AIO, apc,

Just naming off random crap

andy2485
04-08-2013, 01:57 AM
thanks!

Dougw4355
04-08-2013, 05:07 AM
I hope to start a mobile detailing business soon. I'm in the process of collecting all of the products i'll need to get the job done. I have..

waxes
polishes/glazes
compounds
pads
car wash
microfibers, etc...

all i really need is a quality vac, and something to clean carpets with.

what i need help with is what are some items that are often forgot and suggestions for a vac and carpet cleaner.

thanks!!

You can have all the products in the world,, BUT if you dont have customers and return customers and provide above average work you will have nothing but a shelf full of unused products.
My advice is start slow and build up a business, start small with family and friends and if your any good,,You will be ordering every week from AG

If your just some guy who decided to wash cars and provide a detailing biz and have NO experience .....Its not as easy as it sounds To be totally honest

andy2485
04-08-2013, 08:37 AM
thanks, yeah im a full time detailer at a dealership, but want to expand on my own. am i an expert, no. but i know enough to do a great job.

Dougw4355
04-08-2013, 11:30 AM
thanks, yeah im a full time detailer at a dealership, but want to expand on my own. am i an expert, no. but i know enough to do a great job.

Will the dealership let you do any of their work?