PDA

View Full Version : Greystone metallic

kjk66ss
04-07-2013, 09:03 PM
Hey everyone, I have a chevy diesel truck with greystone metallic paint. I'm looking for mostly a sealant because of the durability of it. What is the best one for metallic paint? I have Pete's 53 but I believe it's "said" to be for black or dark paints. What are some recommendations for this color metallic?

Does wax really have enough affect on the way the metallic pops? With a good paint correction.

spiralout462
04-07-2013, 09:15 PM
It's all in the prep! Wax has no idea what color it is being applied to. Any good sealant will look great after polishing IMO. Petes 53 is a carnuba wax though. If you're looking for durability you might want to put something synthetic down first.

Just my two cents.........

goodinblack
04-07-2013, 09:25 PM
I have a Greystone metallic Suburban...... sometimes after waxing the paint does look "flat".

I am also curious as to how to make it "pop".

kjk66ss
04-07-2013, 09:29 PM
I got the Pete's 53 cause Its a hybrid wax. Would it make any sense to use wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant and top with the Pete's ? Or should I sell the Pete's and go with a sealant?

kjk66ss
04-07-2013, 09:31 PM
It's all in the prep! Wax has no idea what color it is being applied to. Any good sealant will look great after polishing IMO. Petes 53 is a carnuba wax though. If you're looking for durability you might want to put something synthetic down first.

Just my two cents.........

What product would you recommend?

spiralout462
04-07-2013, 09:41 PM
I would try the WDGPS topped with the Petes. You could also try an area with just sealant and another area with just wax, then pick which you like the best.

kjk66ss
04-08-2013, 09:38 AM
I ordered some of the WGDGPS. Ill try that alone, not toped with anything.

kjk66ss
04-08-2013, 01:37 PM
I've read some good reviews about the blackfire paint sealant. Not sure of I should order that too.

kjk66ss
04-09-2013, 09:24 AM
I ordered some dodo juice light. They say it works well with metallic. I'm not sure if my color of truck is under the dark paint or light paint category?

VroomVroom
04-09-2013, 09:30 AM
I really like that color. My go-to sealant on GM metallic finishes is Four Star UPP / Blackfire WD. The result is a really nice POP! to the finish, and of course, the slickness will keep you smiling.

GS2011
04-09-2013, 09:53 AM
I have a Greystone metallic Suburban...... sometimes after waxing the paint does look "flat".

I am also curious as to how to make it "pop".

I like Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant topped with Fuzion. Really brings out the metallic in my Cyber Gray.

kjk66ss
04-09-2013, 11:06 AM
I really like that color. My go-to sealant on GM metallic finishes is Four Star UPP / Blackfire WD. The result is a really nice POP! to the finish, and of course, the slickness will keep you smiling.

Do you use the blackfire WD spray, to top the four star?

PA DETAILER
04-09-2013, 11:08 AM
i have a night armor nissan. i have been using the PRIMA line recently. HYDRO SEAL and HYDRO to maintain it.

gives it a really unique look. somewhere between a sealant and wax. kicker is, after applied, a few hours later, the shine is even more intense.

kjk66ss
04-09-2013, 11:22 AM
I m just starting out and new to this hobby, and I already have a shelf of items that I just "ordered" because I thought I needed them. Now im looking at them wondering what ill do with them.

Example is the chemical guys black light and hybrid v7. I ended up ordering those when I was searching for a basic spray protectant for the in between wash and waxing. But I'm not sure ill use them . I have the wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant already but I was feeling good so I thought I would look for a carnuba to top it off. The fuzion seems a little steep in the price range for me.

If the WGDGPS looks good then I would like to sell my hybrid v7 and black light and get a better suited spray sealant.

goodinblack
04-09-2013, 12:54 PM
Thank you gs2011..

What about Klasse aio?