PDA

View Full Version : Pollen ?

DEXTERITY
04-06-2013, 08:14 AM
Greetings,

I have to detail my car outside. While, I was going to clay, seal, etc prior to the pollen coming out, I may not be able to.

What is the best way to detail outside if it is the beginning of pollen season (when it sticks to your car)?

I assume by the time I wash and clay my car some pollen would have accumulated on the paint.

I obviously don't want to apply a sealant and or wax with pollen on the paint. Do you then hose down the car and dry it really quickly?

Any suggestions other than waiting until June.

Thanks.

coachhoach
04-06-2013, 08:17 AM
You could just wipe down the panel with a QD right before you apply your sealant.

banzaitoyota
04-06-2013, 08:23 AM
You could just wipe down the panel with a QD right before you apply your sealant.
Please correct me if I am mistaken, but wouldn't a QD have agents that would interference with a sealant's bonding ability?

swanicyouth
04-06-2013, 08:25 AM
Please correct me if I am mistaken, but wouldn't a QD have agents that would interference with a sealant's bonding ability?

No. That's bunk. But I use a blower then a waterless wash

RedXray
04-06-2013, 10:20 AM
You could hit your local quarter car wash after peak hours to wash, clay, seal. Inside the bay would have less pollen accumulation. The wet concrete should help with any dusting of pollen as you walk around the vehicle doing work... same principle painters use wetting the spray booth floor.