PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have problems with uverse billing??

DaveT435
04-04-2013, 01:57 PM
I realize this is way off topic. I'm just curious because they promise me a price for 12 months and 1 or 2 months later the price starts climbing. When I started with them it was 136.00 a month. Finally when it had gotten all the way up to 220.00 a month I called them. Promised 144.00 a month for 12 months...then in a couple months it starts climbing again and it goes up every month until I call them. Then again promised something and again a broken promise.
I realize this was way off topic...if nothing else at least I got to vent.

forrest@mothers
04-04-2013, 02:24 PM
All on my wife's side have that same complaint: in laws, brother in law, and sister in law.

3 homes, same problem. Sounds to me like it's their way of doing business. I'm liking cable, and the 30+ mbps speed, more and more every day.

DaveT435
04-04-2013, 03:12 PM
All on my wife's side have that same complaint: in laws, brother in law, and sister in law.

3 homes, same problem. Sounds to me like it's their way of doing business. I'm liking cable, and the 30+ mbps speed, more and more every day.

Glad you threw in the comment about 30 mbps. We had cable internet when it first came out and it was slower than dial up at times. 30 Mbps pretty consistent?

forrest@mothers
04-04-2013, 03:24 PM
They over-deliver. Consistently get 40+ mbps down, and 5 up.

We have Charter here, and they've really improved the quality of their service over the last 3-4 years. They have 100 mb service available, but I can't justify $99 a month for it when the 30-40 works so well.

We looked at u-verse, but after relatives complaining about poor service and constantly rising rates, we decided to stick with cable - and I'm glad we did.

My brother lives near Denton, and they have FIOS - and love it.

DaveT435
04-04-2013, 03:30 PM
They over-deliver. Consistently get 40+ mbps down, and 5 up.

We have Charter here, and they've really improved the quality of their service over the last 3-4 years. They have 100 mb service available, but I can't justify $99 a month for it when the 30-40 works so well.

We looked at u-verse, but after relatives complaining about poor service and constantly rising rates, we decided to stick with cable - and I'm glad we did.

My brother lives near Denton, and they have FIOS - and love it.
Good to hear. It's my understanding that uverse and Fios run through the same network. Just depends on where you live as to which company you get. Unfortunately we got AT&T.
How long has your brother been in Denton. I manage the Discount Tire store there years ago.

forrest@mothers
04-04-2013, 03:33 PM
He actually lives in Argyle, but no one knows where that is. He's been there about 15 years.

His sole customer is Paccar, and their truck plant there in Denton.

DaveT435
04-04-2013, 03:43 PM
He actually lives in Argyle, but no one knows where that is. He's been there about 15 years.

His sole customer is Paccar, and their truck plant there in Denton.

I know where Argyle is. But your right I'm sure not many do.

SoCalE
04-04-2013, 03:56 PM
Yeah, similar thing happened to me with U-verse. Unfortunately, it's between them and Time Warner. This is at my parents place. At my place, we have Verizon Fios. It's awesome! It's about 30% cheaper with more things than U-Verse. If you can get Fios, DO IT!

DaveT435
04-04-2013, 08:11 PM
Yeah, similar thing happened to me with U-verse. Unfortunately, it's between them and Time Warner. This is at my parents place. At my place, we have Verizon Fios. It's awesome! It's about 30% cheaper with more things than U-Verse. If you can get Fios, DO IT!

That's the problem. One or the other is offered in most areas...never both.