PDA

View Full Version : Optimum car wax

lkotsios
04-04-2013, 07:03 AM
The description of this wax says it has been overhauled, does any body know when that was? I have a bottle thats about 3 years old, do I have the latest formula?

Mike Phillips
04-04-2013, 07:24 AM
The description of this wax says it has been overhauled, does any body know when that was? I have a bottle thats about 3 years old, do I have the latest formula?

Where does it say the product has been updated?

I just looked on the webpage here and didn't see anything?

Optimum Car Wax is a spray wax made with real carnauba and synthetic paint sealants for protection & shine! high-grade carnauba wax and silicone (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-spray-wax.html)

If it has been updated then I'm pretty sure this would mean a recent update and that would mean you don't have the newest version.

Very good product by the way.

:xyxthumbs:

lkotsios
04-04-2013, 07:33 AM
The first line says optimums original formula has been overhauled.

BobbyG
04-04-2013, 07:36 AM

Interesting. My gallon is a similar vintage and is half gone. A phenomenal product and if has been overhauled I'd like to know in what regard.

Mike Phillips
04-04-2013, 07:41 AM
The first line says optimums original formula has been overhauled.

That's funny... I "scanned" that page looking for words that would indicate new and improved formula or something like that and the word "overhaul" didn't even jump out at me.

I think of overhauling an engine but not a product.

I'll see what I can find out...

:)

yakky
04-04-2013, 07:49 AM
I kind of hate when my favorite products are "overhauled" Let us know what you find out MP.

FUNX650
04-04-2013, 08:08 AM
I kind of hate when my favorite products are "overhauled" Let us know what you find out MP.

^^^+1^^^

I can't remember when OCW (v1) first came to market...
But Dr. G's patent has been in "the system", I believe, since around 2001-2004.

OCW (v2) was reviewed here:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/22095-review-optimum-car-wax-ocw-v2-spray-wax.html

It will be interesting to find out if there is an OCW (v3...v4...or more)

Bob

Setec Astronomy
04-04-2013, 08:40 AM
Wow, I think this thread is going to be a lot of excitement about nothing. I ran into this before and asked on some product (it might even have been this one) and it simply turned out that the product description hadn't been changed since the time the product was "overhauled" some years before (i.e., there was no new version).

Mike Phillips
04-04-2013, 09:25 AM
Wow, I think this thread is going to be a lot of excitement about nothing. I ran into this before and asked on some product (it might even have been this one) and it simply turned out that the product description hadn't been changed since the time the product was "overhauled" some years before (i.e., there was no new version).

This is kind of what I think is the dealio...

I did send an e-mail to Dr. G.

Chris Thomas
04-04-2013, 09:31 AM
I don't recall any update.

WRAPT C5Z06
04-04-2013, 10:19 AM
Any plans for a v3, Chris?

Mike Phillips
04-04-2013, 01:22 PM

Thanks for chiming in Chris and you're correct. Just heard from Dr. G and he said the last formula update was in 2008 and there's been no technological reason to make any changes.

When it's good... it's good...

For anyone that doesn't know Dr. G., check him out here...

Beginning Clearcoat Failure (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/29197-beginning-clearcoat-failure.html)

:D

dc52nv
04-04-2013, 01:58 PM
This product is simply amazing as it sits. Can't even imagine it getting any better than this. Then again I said the same thing as a kid when I first got my Super Nintendo. :D