PDA

View Full Version : Atomizer spray bottle

Pages : [1] 2

Chris@AutoCleanse
04-03-2013, 07:53 PM
Anybody have any luck with these type of sprayers and if so what brand are you using?

g35_coupe
04-03-2013, 10:25 PM
Do you mean like smaller, cosmetic sprayers? If so, I've bought some on eBay and have had good luck with a seller multiple times and they have numerous sizes. I can give you their name if that's what you're looking for.

Chris@AutoCleanse
04-04-2013, 02:27 AM
No the version of something that looks like this. More of a hand held that you pump.
Wolfgang Chemical Resistant Pressure Sprayer, pressurized spray bottle, pump sprayer (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-pressure-sprayer.html)

OhTwoGT
04-04-2013, 08:20 AM
Those work great for things like APC, ive heard of people using them with great results but ive never used one before.

DaveT435
04-04-2013, 08:28 AM
Anybody have any luck with these type of sprayers and if so what brand are you using?

Are you saying the Wolfgang or AG one isn't working properly for you??

Chris@AutoCleanse
04-04-2013, 08:43 AM
Are you saying the Wolfgang or AG one isn't working properly for you??

No, not saying that at all. I was just curious what the difference is between the one autogeek sells which is a pressure sprayer and the atomizer pressure sprayer one. I heard that the atomizer uses less product, I don't know for sure thats why I was wondering if anybody uses one could chime in. I read that it produces a fine mist with a lot of coverage.

DaveT435
04-04-2013, 08:49 AM
No, not saying that at all. I was just curious what the difference is between the one autogeek sells which is a pressure sprayer and the atomizer pressure sprayer one. I heard that the atomizer uses less product, I don't know for sure thats why I was wondering if anybody uses one could chime in. I read that it produces a fine mist with a lot of coverage.

Glad to hear that. I just got one of those a couple weeks ago and hadn't tried it out yet. I'll be interested in hearing what people have to say as well.

Chris@AutoCleanse
04-04-2013, 08:58 AM
Glad to hear that. I just got one of those a couple weeks ago and hadn't tried it out yet. I'll be interested in hearing what people have to say as well.

Let me know, even if you just put water in it and put the setting on the finest mist I am curious with the results. Please let me know or private message me if you don't what to post it on the forum.

PiPUK
04-04-2013, 09:01 AM
A little technical note pertinent to this:

It is perhaps useful for professional users to appreciate that chemical resistant is not a one-size-fits-all description. Depending on the pump construction and the materials used for the seals, a sprayer will be suitable with different chemicals.

Viton seals - this will be most commonly what you get with a chemical resistant spray. There is definitely improved chemical resistance compared to more generic seals but one should note that viton is probably best for acidic and moderately alkaline products. In high caustic alkaline conditions, it can break down and care should be taken.

EPDM seals - these are most appropriate to alkaline products and, from my point of view, this should thus be most routinely applied to car care. The majority of car care products are on the alkaline side, necessarily so because the majority of soils are acidic in character. One could equally argue that such seals should not really be used with acids so care must be taken because many industrial wheel cleaners are strongly acidic.

Nylon pumps - this is an addition which is not routinely included in sprayers due to the additional cost. In most instances, this is un-neccesary - most notably water based products. However, if one is using solvents which would include products like tar removers, lubricants or fuels, a nylon pump is essential since normal pump construction will swell in such conditions and become under-performing or non-operational. The norm will be that a nylon pump on a product will be accompanied by viton seals.

In practice, a professional user should probably keep two or even three sprayer types: i) Viton for acids and generic chemicals, ii) EPDM for use with strong alkalines and iii) Nylon pump/viton seals for use with solvent based products (iii is perhaps less appropriate to you guys since tar removers are not as routine as here in the UK).

So beware you use the correct spray construction for the product you are using.

DaveT435
04-04-2013, 09:03 AM
Let me know, even if you just put water in it and put the setting on the finest mist I am curious with the results. Please let me know or private message me if you don't what to post it on the forum.

I'll do it. I may put some water in it today and see how fine a mist I get or I will use it for product tomorrow when it warms up. Either way I will let you know.

Chris@AutoCleanse
04-04-2013, 09:10 AM
I'll do it. I may put some water in it today and see how fine a mist I get or I will use it for product tomorrow when it warms up. Either way I will let you know.

Appreciate it. Thanks again.

fenderpicks
04-04-2013, 09:31 AM
I just recently acquired some kawzar Venus pro
Super strudy and well made from poland

SlowWRX
04-04-2013, 10:18 AM
Dont see the need to spend 16bucks for something you can get the same thing at Homedepot or lowes for 4.99 just doesnt have a car detailing name on it. Mine works just fine I got from HD. I use APC in it all the time

DaveT435
04-04-2013, 11:05 AM
Dont see the need to spend 16bucks for something you can get the same thing at Homedepot or lowes for 4.99 just doesnt have a car detailing name on it. Mine works just fine I got from HD. I use APC in it all the time

Was it on sale?? I looked at HD the other day and it was 15.99

A-train
04-04-2013, 11:16 AM
I just ordered 4 kwazar from another site. They are fantastic. I use them for task where I would be spraying alot such as carpet, wheels, qd...etc. The mist is great and they are very sturdy. Pricey but well worth it in my opionion.