PDA

View Full Version : Little bit of help please?

Radster1986
04-03-2013, 06:51 PM
After my rather unpleasant experience with the window tinter, who at this point I am washing my hands of and dont care to deal with them any further for any reason. I would like some advice on how to correct a few boo boos they inflicted on my car and nothing serious that I can see at this point, but heres the deal...

I have the car coated with CQuartz Finest, which is awesome and I just had some stuff touched up by my detailer who is an awesome dude, to have the window tinter guys rub all up on the car and leave rub marks and swirl marks, and some cute little lines on the back spoiler where they cut the tint film. My question is...

How can I straighten out the swirls and rub marks in the coating without damaging/removing the coating, I was told using a little Ultimate Polish is ok as long as I go about it lightly and dont get too over zealous on rubbing it out.

How can I straighten out that fine scratch, again without messing with the coating ( less important in the respect because of where it is)

Regardless these issues can be fixed, its just annoying I have to do it now when I shouldn't have to. I just want to make sure I go about it the right way as to not to disturb the effectiveness of the CQuartz.

akj
04-03-2013, 07:03 PM
I believe that almost any thing your gonna have to use to remove swirls and scratches is going to be removing that finish as well. Polish and compounds all have abrasives in them that cut into the clear coat by the smallest fractions of an inch because the scratches and swirls are in the clear coat so the polish and compound get the rest of the clear coat down to the same level there by removing them

Sent from my SCH-L710 using AG Online

rmagnus
04-03-2013, 07:40 PM
+1 what he said

And if that line on your spoiler was made by a razor blade you'll need to see how deep it is before doing anything about it. If it's factory paint (ie Thin already) you might want to try and fill it with color matched paint then buf it up to a shine.

Those guys sound like idiots cutting film on the car...say what?