PDA

View Full Version : Car Covers...

Pages : [1] 2

KJW Detailing
05-17-2007, 12:59 PM
Hey,

So i am interested in getting a car cover for my new car...

The car is my only car and my daily driver...07' Honda Civic Si...i want a cover to limit some of the effects mother nature can take out on our cars...

I want something that is good for covering a car that sits outside...that will keep rain and snow out and keep bird poo off my paint, maybe even dust but i know thats a harder battle...i want a car cover that wont scratch my car up when putting it on and taking it off...

So can anoyone from AG help me out?

Thanks!

Racin10s
05-17-2007, 04:04 PM
I too have an SI, just like the one in my avatar. If I was getting a cover, I would get one that was made for the Honda... There are several websites that sell the OEM cover at a discount.

ScottB
05-17-2007, 04:21 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-garage-accessories/2477-covercraft-car-covers-imprompt-review.html

KJW Detailing
05-17-2007, 05:08 PM
killrwheels you think that the weathershield would be my best bet? and it really doen't leave any scratches b/c that is my biggest fear b/c this cover would come off and go back on the car almost everyday...

ScottB
05-18-2007, 10:10 AM
I think you will be very happy for years to come. At Ecklers many Weathershields were sold, and even more already in use. Noah is nice also, but much to bulky ~

Gary Sword
05-18-2007, 12:15 PM
I would also recommend covercraft covers. Make sure you get one that is fitted to your car. It's worth the extra money.

KJW Detailing
06-08-2007, 09:25 AM
killr or gary...i just got a really nice paycheck and my birthday in this coming thursday...i was going to make an order for the remaining products i need to clean any and every car that comes my way, but i am thinking i might wait on purchasing those things to ultimatly protect my car!

right now i have the weathershield custom car cover size G3 (custom for my car)

i have just 3 questions...

1. Should i get the car cover lock? that kinda seems like a must...
2. Do i need the car cover bag?
3. Will this item still recieve a birthday discount?

Thanks!

Gary Sword
06-08-2007, 09:32 AM
killr or gary...i just got a really nice paycheck and my birthday in this coming thursday...i was going to make an order for the remaining products i need to clean any and every car that comes my way, but i am thinking i might wait on purchasing those things to ultimatly protect my car!

Thanks!

I usually cover my cars up in the garage just to keep them dust free so I have never considered a lock. I guess if you need a lock would depend on your neighborhood. If someone really wanted your cover they could just cut the cover around the lock. I doubt if a lock is necessary.

I have bags for a couple of my covers but I never use them.

I'm not sure about the birthday discount but you could PM Meghan.

KJW Detailing
06-08-2007, 09:36 AM
ok Gary i have one more question...

i was told that the cover itself wont create swirls, but rather the dust or dirt that is on the car when being covered can create swirls...so would it be good to QD or spray wax or just dust the car b4 covering?

and as i think about it...are car covers really needed if you know how to care for your car?

Gary Sword
06-08-2007, 09:49 AM
ok Gary i have one more question...

i was told that the cover itself wont create swirls, but rather the dust or dirt that is on the car when being covered can create swirls...so would it be good to QD or spray wax or just dust the car b4 covering?

and as i think about it...are car covers really needed if you know how to care for your car?

I never cover a dirty or wet car. If you cover a dirty car outside and the wind is blowing the cover around I'm sure you can get some light scraches.

I love having covers because a lot of time I detail my cars over multiple days. I use Wolfgang DGPS at lot of time and I ususally don't top it off with a wax until the next day. It's nice to be able to cover a car up and not have to worry about it getting dirty between steps especially if it's outside.

KJW Detailing
06-08-2007, 10:10 AM
true...thats a very good point...

ScottB
06-08-2007, 10:45 PM

Thanks!

Id get the lock if car is outside when you are not present, dont want someone stealing it, nor playing under it.

Bag is only needed for travel and storage, while not a must, I think it could be a good offering.

Gotta speak with Dwayne or Meghan on the discount, it has been offered with forum discounts in past but not discussed in many months.

I would also get a duster, as the covers inner lining will leave a little lint the first couple of times. A little wipe and its gone, I use the microfiber version for this as it doesnt have paraffin wax on the ends like the Cali duster and Oxo do.

KJW Detailing
06-08-2007, 11:29 PM
thanks for the reply killr and gary!

nrz
06-23-2007, 12:05 PM
I have bought two Weathershields from Covercraft and just placed an order for three more!! I had an issue with one of them and warranted the cover and sent me a new one free of charge!!

KJW Detailing
07-03-2007, 11:13 AM
well i just orderd my custom weathershield covercraft car cover for my civic...just in time to get it b4 vacation!

i also got the lock, atleast for vacation but i am sure i will use again!

thanks for all of the help, now i will need to look into a duster...