PDA

View Full Version : Slightly swirled out

Durrani_45
04-03-2013, 11:07 AM
Last week i detailed my honda civic 2011
Though its been with since the very first day but washing.was done very badly due to our driver taking it to service station every other day, so the car had slight swirls which i could not resist
So out came my rotory
Lakecountry light cutting pads
Wolfang swirl remover and the results are here:cool:
Then i washed the car with turtle ice syenthtic shampoo once more dried the car and apllied pinnacle liquid souverian wax:cool:
Results are here1680116800
Guys dont mind me i have poor english as its not my mother language and no before pics sorry:(
Awaiting for experts to point out where and what i did wrong :)
Happy detailing
Sent from my GT-I9100 using
Tapatalk 2

Durrani_45
04-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Waiting for reply:D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Durrani_45
04-03-2013, 11:16 AM
Feed back please

Dr_Pain
04-03-2013, 11:24 AM
It does seem that you had a nice game plan. Glad that you are able to master the rotary buffer and not leave any hologram. To be honest, the pictures do not show much but if I understand correctly the results are satisfactory to you.

For future corrections, if you would like to show better before and after I would suggest reading Mike's articles.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tips-techniques-how-articles-interacting-discussion-forums/26917-how-capture-swirls-scratches-etchings-other-surface-defects-your-camera.html

akj
04-03-2013, 12:18 PM
With out before pics its hard to say.. but judging from the after shot alone I'd say job well done..
Alot of people are very slow to reach for a rotary since the chance of damaging the paint are high until u have mastered it.
I didn't know that when I first started (not long ago at all) and only had a rotary. So that's what I learned on before getting a DA.. sounds backwards I know but I got fairly good at it.
And just seeing the after shots looks like your pretty good to. Good job
Question:
Any reason u washed before final wax? I ask cause I've never heard that before.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using AG Online

Dr_Pain
04-03-2013, 01:35 PM
With out before pics its hard to say.. but judging from the after shot alone I'd say job well done..
Alot of people are very slow to reach for a rotary since the chance of damaging the paint are high until u have mastered it.
I didn't know that when I first started (not long ago at all) and only had a rotary. So that's what I learned on before getting a DA.. sounds backwards I know but I got fairly good at it.
And just seeing the after shots looks like your pretty good to. Good job
Question:
Any reason u washed before final wax? I ask cause I've never heard that before.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using AG Online

The reason to wash is to remove any oily residue from the compounding before applying the LSP. Although an IPA wipe down or a wipe down with a product like Carpro Eraser is more common, some people still do a wash.

Personally, I tend to not do a full wash because of the potential to put micro scratches or marring the finish. I do tend to have a more delicate touch if I spritz and wipe rather than a full blown wash and dry.

Durrani_45
04-04-2013, 11:38 AM
Silver is very hard to work on :( u try try u try and end result is just average :( of this colour was black I bet it would have been a charm ;)