PDA

View Full Version : anyone use vinylex protectant

BADZZHUMMER
05-25-2006, 10:18 PM
i just wanted thank you guys for being really helpful first of all, but i have been using vinylex protectant and cleaner on my rubber and vinyl on the exterior and on the interior as well, i liked the fact that it was advertised as a "cleaner and protectant so i feel like i can get two jobs done in one swipe, is this right? has anyone used vinylex and what do u think about it? i just read the other protectant thread and i didnt see mention of vinylex it is made my lexol thanks

joe.p
05-25-2006, 11:16 PM
Megs rubber/Vinyl #40 is known to do both jobs too (clean/protect)..

DS Detailer
05-25-2006, 11:26 PM
The company I work for uses Vinylex... And I hate it. First of, it's greaseless claim is false. It takes a miracle to make it so there is no greasy residue. Next, the shine it leaves is unnatural. Plus, on a sunny day you end up driving the dash board 500, cause all you see is the reflection of the dash. Plus, as a cleaner, it sucks... if you get a dirty spot, all it does is splash around the mud.

I HATE viynlex. I rarely recomend it to customers, and when they request it... I try to talk them out of it. I'm honest, and for this I see decent sales in other departments (Shampoos, Leather, Aquapel, waxes (but don't get me started about the low quality wax we use. It'll make me get even madder).

I personally on my vehicle use Pinnacle Brand, But once I'm out of that, I'm ordering all DP products for my interior. It's just as good as pinnacle, for a few dollars less.

alright, enough about viynlex.

Excessive Detail
05-25-2006, 11:28 PM
Megs rubber/Vinyl #40 is known to do both jobs too (clean/protect)..

I use this stuff alot, I've tried other protectant/cleaners and I keep coming back to #40. It works very well and it doesn't leave a greasy feeling or attrached dust. Give it a try.

joe.p
05-26-2006, 05:49 AM
I use this stuff alot, I've tried other protectant/cleaners and I keep coming back to #40. It works very well and it doesn't leave a greasy feeling or attrached dust. Give it a try.
I have to get some. megs #40 was recomended by a few other members also.

BILL
05-26-2006, 06:23 AM
The company I work for uses Vinylex... And I hate it. First of, it's greaseless claim is false. It takes a miracle to make it so there is no greasy residue. Next, the shine it leaves is unnatural. Plus, on a sunny day you end up driving the dash board 500, cause all you see is the reflection of the dash. Plus, as a cleaner, it sucks... if you get a dirty spot, all it does is splash around the mud.

I HATE viynlex. I rarely recomend it to customers, and when they request it... I try to talk them out of it. I'm honest, and for this I see decent sales in other departments (Shampoos, Leather, Aquapel, waxes (but don't get me started about the low quality wax we use. It'll make me get even madder).

I personally on my vehicle use Pinnacle Brand, But once I'm out of that, I'm ordering all DP products for my interior. It's just as good as pinnacle, for a few dollars less.

alright, enough about viynlex.

Tell us all about your wonderful and loving experiences with viynlex again......

Just kidding.....:D