PDA

View Full Version : APCs

runrun411
04-02-2013, 05:51 PM
Okay, so I just learned yesterday (thanks to you guys) why I don't hear about Armour All being used. So now I'll buy Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant and maybe a few others (I just can't stop at just one, OCD ya know). I learn more and more each day about detailing and I guess it's time for my lesson of the day. I've been seeing the term APC being used alot on the forum and the other day found out what it meant (All Purpose Cleaner, duh).

So What is wrong with using APCs like Super Clean, Purple Power, 409, Fantastik. Etc...

I know I'll be enlightened. Thanks.

akj
04-02-2013, 05:58 PM
Nothing at all if it works for u.. and it depends on what u use it on.. plus a lot of them have harsh chemicals. Example u wouldn't use power purple on your dash.
And my favorite Meguiars green apc IS AMAZING I haven't found nothing I won't clean even diluted more than 4 to 1 and for around $20 a gallon that means u can get at least 4 gallons of apc for around $20! And Pitts safe inside your car yet strong enough to clean the engine compartment.

The apc u mentioned is not really made just for auto detailing but for many uses it says so right on the bottle.
But the apc here is for auto detailing and auto detailing alone..

Its best to get the product made for the job your using it for..
That's my opinion

Sent from my SCH-L710 using AG Online

jjj
04-02-2013, 07:32 PM
If you are wanting to dabble without breaking the bank cg makes a concentrated citrus based apc and it is 8.99 16 oz mix it 10 or 20 to 1.

www.autogeek.net/chemical-guys-all-clean-all-purpose-cleaner.html

2BlackChevys
04-02-2013, 07:59 PM
The APCs for detailing have a lot less of the "cleaner" or "chemical" smell. Some of them even smell quite good so you aren't stuck in a chemical bombed car and having to ride around with the windows down!

I just got Meg's APC and really like it. I was a Simple Green guy before but no longer. I just got some Meg's APC+ but have not tried it yet.

Plus as mentioned above you can get as many as 10 gallons of cleaner for about $20 vs. a few bottles of over the counter household stuff.

akj
04-02-2013, 08:06 PM
your funny,,,you are not all that bight are you? lol
You ask what is APC in one thread,,,and then give shipping advice on another,,,too funny

I think its fair to say not everyone knows apc means all purpose cleaner. But most people know what all purpose cleaner is am I right?

Sent from my SCH-L710 using AG Online

swanicyouth
04-02-2013, 08:08 PM
Duragloss, Grime Reaper, and Meg's APC+ are all good and very economical because they are dilutable. You may get a gallon or two of store APC for 20 bucks, but you can make 10-20 gallons of the above for about the same price.

SON1C
04-02-2013, 08:18 PM
purple power isn't an apc, its a degreaser, and a powerful one at that, I have it on hand and use it on extremely built up gunk at times and to clean garage floors

a huge reason why I like popular apcs, because they're simply proven to work, tested and true, reassuring when your working on your clients vehicles you know?
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/59309-son1c-synopsis-21-chemical-guys-allclean-review.html
gonna have to say this is my favorite apc

Evan.J
04-02-2013, 09:00 PM
Meg's APC+ is my go to for many things. It's a very versital product and you can dilute it in many ratios for whatever you needs are.

Rayaz
04-02-2013, 09:49 PM
Meguires is the most economical but Optimum Power Clean is probably the best in my humble opinion. Optimum (OPC) at 4 or 5 to 1 (water) is the best leather cleaner I have used. It is expensive but it does so much well, I save shipping on three or four other products that I'd be buying. This is my flawed logic that I use to justify such things.

Tires and wheel wells: Amazing Roll Off (straight) on a wet surface. Best I've found at getting the brown out of tires.

I am an admitted Optimum fanboy. I had a question about Opti-coat so I called the company. The OWNER/INVENTOR called me back and answered my questions. I was impressed that he called some schmo with $70 worth of his product to make sure I was comfortable using his stuff. I like everything they make.

AeroCleanse
04-02-2013, 09:52 PM
GTechniq W2 is by far the best APC I have used. Might not be the cheapest and AG only has the smallest size.

Bigbull2984
04-02-2013, 09:59 PM
GTechniq W2 is by far the best APC I have used. Might not be the cheapest and AG only has the smallest size.

How would you say it compares to BF APC? I actually got a bottle of the W2 few month back, but cant find it:dunno:

OP megs APC+ is my fav for the money.

AeroCleanse
04-02-2013, 10:39 PM
How would you say it compares to BF APC? I actually got a bottle of the W2 few month back, but cant find it:dunno:

OP megs APC+ is my fav for the money.

Never used BF stuff, but W2 cleans so easily and doesn't stink. I use it in my tornador.