PDA

View Full Version : Hello from NorCal!

Pages : [1] 2

Raiz3l
04-02-2013, 02:45 PM
From San Francisco.

I've been lurking for about a month and finally decide to register!

This is my initial list of items to purchase for detailing as a small hobby into a serious hobby as I learn more.

Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine
Optimum Car Wash
Optimum Opti-Eraser – Fine Grade
SONAX Wheel Cleaner Full Effect
Chemical Guys Lube
HD Advanced Decontamination Clay Bar
Detailer's Engine Degreaser

3 Pack Cobra Guzzler HD Waffle Weave Drying Towels
3 Pack Gold Plush Microfiber Towels
1 Miracle Towel
1 Waffle Weave Microfiber Glass Towel
Pinnacle Micro Rejuvenator Microfiber Detergent Concentrate

Detailer's Total Interior Cleaner
8 inch Montana Original Boar’s Hair Wheel Brush
Grit Guard® Dual Bucket Washing System - CLEAR

I know there's some stuff missing but that's what I got so far from research and comparing. What do you guys think?
I do plan on getting a polisher but will do more research on that before i do.

3DProducts is opening a store in San Jose this weekend and they will be holding a seminar so I plan to head down there and learn a bit of detailing from them too.
Anyone know of any detailing seminars/classes in the bay area for beginners?

VroomVroom
04-02-2013, 03:03 PM
Welcome from a fellow lunatic just a wee bit south of you.

Your list sounds fine - the only advice I could offer would be to simplify and stick to the basics....buy as you learn, so to speak. Of course, the other side of that coin is that sometimes the only way to learn what you don't like is to try it. :)

Chris@AutoCleanse
04-02-2013, 03:12 PM
Welcome to the GEEK.

DetailedByPrecision
04-03-2013, 12:14 AM
hello s.f member. welcome. I'm from s.f as well.

psnt1ol
04-03-2013, 01:50 AM
Welcome aboard!!!!!

Nice to have another new member from S.F.

Many will attest to this hobby as a fairly expensive proposition. My suggestion to you is this......Look for products that has more than one purpose.

For example:

You really don't need the Luber from CG. ONR could be diluted to be use as a clay lube.

Optimum Power clean is a great APC for just about every surface (interior and exterior) on your car. You could even use it to strip off the old wax on your car with the right dilution.

IMO.... I don't think you need to spend $120 on the Grit guard system. Grit guard- 2 for $18, buckets from Home Depot - 2 for $6, Gamma lids from Home Depot - 2 for $20. You could always get the dolly at a later time.

Good Luck and have fun.

Pats300zx
04-03-2013, 04:31 AM
Welcome to AGO

BobbyG
04-03-2013, 05:47 AM
:welcome: To Autogeek Online! :props:

smooth
04-03-2013, 05:52 AM
Welcome to AGO !

GS2011
04-03-2013, 06:51 AM
:welcome:

Raiz3l
04-03-2013, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone!
I'll stop by home depot sometime after I purchase a grit guard. I've read the grit guards don't insert all the way to the bottom in some buckets.

psnt1ol
04-03-2013, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone!
I'll stop by home depot sometime after I purchase a grit guard. I've read the grit guards don't insert all the way to the bottom in some buckets.

The home depot bucket works....

random
04-03-2013, 09:26 PM

It's a total crap shoot. I've read on multiple forums from different people who have had success with Home Depot buckets, failures with Lowes buckets, and vice versa. My personal experience is that the blue Lowes bucket didn't work for me (Grit Guard doesn't go all the way to the bottom) and the Home Depot orange buckets doesn't fit snugly. I'm sure if I went to a different Home Depot and Lowes, I might get the opposite results. My suggestion: bring your Grit Guard to see how it fits, or use a wash method which doesn't need a Grit Guard. e.g., never re-use a wash media.

CM8 6MT
04-03-2013, 09:46 PM
Welcome Aboard! Fellow NorCal member as well! :)

psnt1ol
04-03-2013, 10:22 PM
Welcome Aboard! Fellow NorCal member as well! :)

Hey CM8!!!!

At this rate, we might have our own NorthCal thread by year end.:xyxthumbs::xyxthumbs::xyxthumbs:

CM8 6MT
04-03-2013, 10:26 PM
Hey CM8!!!!

At this rate, we might have our own NorthCal thread by year end.:xyxthumbs::xyxthumbs::xyxthumbs:

LoL pretty much, alot of NorCal peeps have been signing up lately.