PDA

View Full Version : The Red Tundra. ( yet again )

oejeffrey
04-02-2013, 12:52 PM
So there sits the Red Tundra. I was doing my normal everyday scan through the autogeek forum and came upon this quote

"after 8 months of detailing I felt like i had an addiction. I was always on autogeek, meguiars and detailing world. looking at different products and ways of doing things. i wanted that extra 5% improvement. I was making wish list of 200 bucks as well.

two years later i learned those expensive products don't make the difference. i try to use cheap verstile products that work every time. APC, IPA, ONR(its a must have!!!) megs endurance(used on trim and tires), rainX, waffle weave towels, collnite 845, megs clay, m105, m205, groits DA. These are the STAPLE products. They make detailing work. I don't need megs plastic X, glaze, or a snow foam lance with a powerwasher to make my car look better.

there are a number of well priced products that work perfectly every time. you gotta find what works for you stick to them. don't read the hype and marketing. seriously don't fall for marking tricks. stick with products you like and make orders when you run out, say every 6 months budget for a 100 dollar order, wait for sales as well."

While I am not denying I love bogo....I am addicted to buying stuff I don't need. I am sure in more areas than car wax and detailing products.

I do have a plan though.

I am thinking a good paint sealant with a wax topper. I know a lot of people on here swear by wolf gang paint sealant and as protection against the elements that sounds like a good way to go.
Seeing how the Tundra is red I am thinking about two of the dodo waxes that appear to be color coordinated for the paint.
I am also going to be using a spray wax...OCW.

Feed back please

runrun411
04-02-2013, 01:24 PM

While I am not denying I love bogo....I am addicted to buying stuff I don't need. I am sure in more areas than car wax and detailing products.

Feed back please

I definitely understand. I have the same problem. I got into this hobby last September and the weather was to cold to detail (in the Northeast) yet I've been buying stuff all winter. I have so much stuff I didn't even use yet. It is very addicting to have a collection of stuff. Sometimes I just shake and open the bottles and smell the products or try them out on a small section of me beater car. Weird huh.

oejeffrey
04-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Nahhhh...most of this stuff smells freakin sweeeeeeet !!!!

FUNX650
04-02-2013, 02:05 PM
I do have a plan though.

Seeing how the Tundra is red I am thinking about two of the dodo waxes
that appear to be color coordinated for the paint.

I don't ever allow this: "color-coordinated hype"...
to partake in any of my detailing-plan!!!

Of course...YMMV.

I know a lot of people on here swear by wolf gang paint sealant and as
protection against the elements that sounds like a good way to go.

IMHO...
Wolfgang DGPS is an excellent Sealant...
That's included as part of my detailing-plan.

:)

Bob

RhetoricMixes
04-02-2013, 02:06 PM
Nahhhh...most of this stuff smells freakin sweeeeeeet !!!!

Agreed. I didnt know I liked mulberry so much until I started using ONR :laughing: