PDA

View Full Version : Polishing cars outside??

ARizzle
04-02-2013, 09:06 AM
My dad gave me an opportunity to work on one of his brokers' trucks, specifically a Harley Davidson Edition Ford F150. I am very excited to work on this truck, but unfortunately, it is too big to fit in our garage. The client is planning on me getting it ready to sell it and he wants it clean before he sells it. I was thinking about doing an All In One Polish (Meguiar's D151), but I don't know if it will be good if I polish the car outside?? The weather will be roughly 10 degrees Celsius, but I am just worried about contaminants coming on the paint while I polish it.

Any advice?

07gtcs
04-02-2013, 09:18 AM
Pull it in half way, do that half......then change. I would waterless wash the half that sat outside when changing. Just a thought.

Fation
04-02-2013, 09:19 AM
Working outside is not usually a problem. Theoretically at that temperature the compounds and polishes should work but be aware that they don't work below about 40 degree Fahrenheit

Ryry11
04-02-2013, 09:40 AM
Polishing outside is no big deal, I do it like that because I have no garage space. As long as you wash before hand and go at it you're fine. The only problem I run into is when it takes more than one day, the panels I don't get to the first day need to be waterless or rinseless washed prior to picking up polishing again. Other than that, working outside isn't a problem, plus if the suns out you're able to see your true work in the most discriminating of lights.

ARizzle
04-02-2013, 11:12 AM
Ok perfect guys! Thank-you very much!!

RhetoricMixes
04-02-2013, 11:50 AM
Polishing outside is no big deal, I do it like that because I have no garage space. As long as you wash before hand and go at it you're fine. The only problem I run into is when it takes more than one day, the panels I don't get to the first day need to be waterless or rinseless washed prior to picking up polishing again. Other than that, working outside isn't a problem, plus if the suns out you're able to see your true work in the most discriminating of lights.

I work on all my clients vehicles under my carport since I dont have a garage either. Like previously stated I have to waterless wash a panel if its been a while since it was touched, dont want to grind any dirt into the paint.

timsatx
04-02-2013, 11:59 AM
Well if you use Poorboys it certainly shouldn't be a problem.

RhetoricMixes
04-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Well if you use Poorboys it certainly shouldn't be a problem.

While i havent used any of Poorboys products I do use Optimum's products in the sun sometimes with good results. :xyxthumbs: