PDA

View Full Version : Carpro Dlux or Perl?

Pages : [1] 2

02xtreme07SS
04-01-2013, 06:03 PM
I'm looking for a new trim dressing for my exterior plastic and rubber trim and I'm torn between Carpro Dlux and Perl. I understand that Dlux should outlast Perl and that the application is similar, but what sort of precautions should be take while applying either? Do I need to tape off glass and paint or can an errant swipe of either be removed easily? How does Dlux deal with flexible rubber, i.e. is it flexible when it cures? I know some of you are well versed with both, so I look forward to your input.

Mike lambert
04-01-2013, 06:39 PM
I would go with d lux, have it on my in laws subaru forester , put on before Christmas ,outside 24/7 and still looks great with no streaks! No problem wiping of overages as long as you get it quickly before it cures.

psynx
04-01-2013, 06:41 PM
i have never used d lux but perl you can dilute so you get more for your buck, but from the sound of it d lux last longer.

KillaCam
04-01-2013, 07:05 PM
I used perl on exterior plastics before and it ran all over the paint when it got wet. However, I do love it on tires diluted 1:1

davidc
04-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Both. DLux is great for trim, plastic mirrors, rubber around windows etc, them Perl for tires.

Dave

Success
04-01-2013, 07:44 PM
Perl is awesome for tires and interiors.

Dlux is awesome for all exterior trim. For ease of use and duration, very very hard to beat.

Harleyguy
04-01-2013, 08:00 PM
Everyone has voiced a great opinion both have their place I personally really like Perl it's a great product with many uses from tires to leather and a good price to boot

A-train
04-01-2013, 08:09 PM
Perl is awesome for tires and interiors.

Dlux is awesome for all exterior trim. For ease of use and duration, very very hard to beat.

+1. Once I used dlux on exterior trim there is no point to use PERL on it. It just doesn't have great durability on trim. However on tires I don't use anything but PERL, as I think dlux is way to costly to use on tires, considering the amount you get.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

LazyGhost
04-01-2013, 08:41 PM
Im still new and have only used perl thus far. I must say i am amazed at how well the interior turned out. I used it on tires and trim too and it did great but the interior is what really amazed me. My truck is a 2012 and ya wouldnt have thought it woulda made such a difference.

I made a mess while putting it on the trim but it cleaned off the paint easily and made my trim look awesome.
For tires, it worked well enough. Im more interested in finding a dedicated product (gel application) instead of using up my bottle by diluting it 1~1.

Minoan212
04-02-2013, 10:11 AM
+1 on PERL for tires.

02xtreme07SS
04-02-2013, 02:37 PM
Thanks for all the input everyone. Time to place an order.

One last question for those of you using Dlux, if I get any on the paint or glass, what is the best way to remove it? I know it should be done immediately, but does it wipe clean off with a MF towel?

davidc
04-02-2013, 05:11 PM
Thanks for all the input everyone. Time to place an order.

One last question for those of you using Dlux, if I get any on the paint or glass, what is the best way to remove it? I know it should be done immediately, but does it wipe clean off with a MF towel?

I have had some on the glass and I wipe it off immediately with a terry cloth. I do not think I want something that durable on my MF's.

Dave

Mike Moore
08-05-2013, 07:42 AM
IIRC PERL is a dressing and Dlux is a coating. Both are excellent products.

I've never used Dlux on tires but it makes a huge difference on exterior trim.

I use PERL on interior trim and tires. I use Dlux on exterior plastics and rubber trim.

ihaveacamaro
08-05-2013, 08:11 AM
PERL runs for me on trim. I only use it on tires.

ihaveacamaro
08-05-2013, 08:12 AM
Im still new and have only used perl thus far. I must say i am amazed at how well the interior turned out. I used it on tires and trim too and it did great but the interior is what really amazed me. My truck is a 2012 and ya wouldnt have thought it woulda made such a difference.

I made a mess while putting it on the trim but it cleaned off the paint easily and made my trim look awesome.
For tires, it worked well enough. Im more interested in finding a dedicated product (gel application) instead of using up my bottle by diluting it 1~1.

Use it straight ;)