PDA

View Full Version : Who was first with WOWA type sealant?

lkotsios
04-01-2013, 03:09 PM
Was it optimum or maybe zaino?

Setec Astronomy
04-01-2013, 03:19 PM
It was Zaino with Clear Seal. Although the Ultima product had been in public beta test for some time before ZCS was released, but the WOWA aspect of the Ultima had been disguised for the beta testing.

I remember Anthony Orosco, becoming quite agitated that people were proclaiming ZCS as the first WOWA, when he had been working on what would become Opti-Coat, which apparently led to Opti-Seal first, well before ZCS was introduced.

I don't remember whether Ultima or Optimum hit the market next with the WOWA, but the ZCS came out in Feb. 2007 (and it's still at the top of the "What's New" column at the Zaino website).

EDIT: I did a little checking and it looks like it was ZCS Feb 2007, Opti-Seal April 2007, and the Ultima was a little later in the year. And then it was many more years before any other WOWA's joined them, I guess Jan 2012 when the Blackfire came out.

Pats300zx
04-01-2013, 05:38 PM
I did beta testing for Ultima prior to it's release and if I recall Opti-Seal and Zaino CS were already released. The big selling point with Ultima was that it was supposed to last longer than any other WOWA.

Setec Astronomy
04-01-2013, 05:42 PM
I did beta testing for Ultima prior to it's release and if I recall Opti-Seal and Zaino CS were already released. The big selling point with Ultima was that it was supposed to last longer than any other WOWA.

IIRC someone's Z-car wound up on the bottle...

porta
04-02-2013, 02:07 PM
If I remeber correctly Soft 99 from Japan where the first company who launched a wowa sealant.

swanicyouth
04-02-2013, 02:09 PM
If I remeber correctly Soft 99 from Japan where the first company who launched a wowa sealant.

I was watching some of their videos. Now they have color charged WOWA sealants. I wish there was a vendor to buy some of their stuff here. Could be great, could be garbage. It peaks
my curiosity.

Setec Astronomy
04-02-2013, 06:16 PM

Porta!!

PiPUK
04-02-2013, 07:35 PM
I think this question depends on how far you look - strictly speaking these types of things have been about for decades but it was only more recently that they were marketed in this way.

porta
04-03-2013, 02:42 PM
I think this question depends on how far you look - strictly speaking these types of things have been about for decades but it was only more recently that they were marketed in this way.

Interesting. Please tell us more about this!