PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried CG blacklight + supernatural hybrid + V7?

BluHeaven
04-01-2013, 02:36 PM
I know a lot of people have added a little extra between the blacklight and V7... usually I see jetseal, Pete's 53 or 5050... Curious if anyones layered Supernatural hybrid in there?

silverfox
04-01-2013, 04:26 PM
Blacklight is a great base for any wax or sealant. The combinations are endless. That combo sounds very interesting.

kjk66ss
04-04-2013, 06:02 PM
after washing and drying and then doing a little work with the clay; if i apply the blacklight and then top it with petes 53, AND then the next time i wash give a spray with v7 for in between wax jobs?

BluHeaven
04-04-2013, 06:04 PM
I'll take pictures when the stuff gets here.... and it stops raining...

stupid Oregon

Blacklight is a great base for any wax or sealant. The combinations are endless. That combo sounds very interesting.

psynx
04-04-2013, 06:43 PM
yea i currently have that set up on my car right now, i use dodo red mist on half of my car and the other half with V7.
i dont use BL though since my car is white. im using poor boys white diamond which is the same thing as BL but for white cars. (side note Black hole and BL smell allot alike and also do the same thing, fill in scratches and increase gloss) its just SNH and red mist or V7

Kitoy22
04-04-2013, 07:04 PM
I tried this exact combo before, looks great on white, my only issue was durability of SNH was reduced significantly, i am not sure if our weather here (hot and humid) plays a factor or i should have waited at least 1 hr before topping BL with SNH.
But with BL topped with CG xxx hardcore wax, i get a decent durability with this combo with the same process. But try it first, you may get different results with this combo.

BluHeaven
04-04-2013, 07:24 PM
How long did it last for you?

I tried this exact combo before, looks great on white, my only issue was durability of SNH was reduced significantly, i am not sure if our weather here (hot and humid) plays a factor or i should have waited at least 1 hr before topping BL with SNH.
But with BL topped with CG xxx hardcore wax, i get a decent durability with this combo with the same process. But try it first, you may get different results with this combo.

SON1C
04-04-2013, 08:01 PM
Overkill.

Idk how you guys stand to do that, I get sick of doing that after one lsp, glazing and waxing is a huge chore I couldn't imagine 4 stepping lol and the looks + boosted durability are negligible at best imo

BluHeaven
04-04-2013, 08:21 PM
Really it's just 2 steps. Glaze + wax/sealant. The V7 is basically just a boosted QD spray.

Overkill.

Idk how you guys stand to do that, I get sick of doing that after one lsp, glazing and waxing is a huge chore I couldn't imagine 4 stepping lol and the looks + boosted durability are negligible at best imo

SON1C
04-04-2013, 08:29 PM
Sorry mis read been a long day!
But I'm a big advocate that topping with v7 is a waste of time and product if your lsp is any good, it's great for quick detailing and topping after a wash where you haven't waxed etc to "boost"

Kitoy22
04-05-2013, 06:19 AM
Overkill.

I used BL for prepping the surface for the wax, removing remaining polish oil residue and at the same time to give that reflective shine. SNH was really the LSP here. V7 just a quick detailer, when my car is a bit dusty again, durability of V7 sucks, but the looks is really something I rave about.