PDA

View Full Version : Can you wash your car this quickly?

TH3M B0N3Z
03-31-2013, 06:38 PM
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cqcx0Y4KjU]HOW TO WASH A CAR The fastest car wash in Malaysia at Supwave Automobile Car Care Centre - YouTube[/video]

Good Lord. :(

I always tell myself and anyone else who cares...

If I can't take my precious time washing my car or anyone else's, I'll wait for a better day and time.

When I watch this video, it reminds me of a madman behind a rotary buffer, getting all flashy and fancy and moving it super fast... they're just destroying the paint. I watch this video just to squirm and to remind myself that I'm a pretty damn good detailer, lol.

Sicoupe
03-31-2013, 07:40 PM
I can't believe he is doing that to that poor car!

dooyaunastan
03-31-2013, 07:44 PM
"More swirls in less time, guaranteed! :dblthumb2:"

Evan.J
03-31-2013, 07:46 PM
I feel bad for the owner thinking they are getting a good wash.

mjd91
03-31-2013, 07:48 PM
Soft black Porsche paint too...

TH3M B0N3Z
03-31-2013, 07:51 PM
"More swirls in less time, guaranteed! :dblthumb2:"

+1 LOL. That's the only damn thing they can guarantee.

And you know, of all people to post this... it was Chemical Guys! Shame on them! LOL.

I like CG products, though. :D

Robert8194
03-31-2013, 08:22 PM
I probably could but why would I want to? One hour fifteen is about the best I can do if I don't have to do any real carpet cleaning or special issues. I usually allow 2 hours.

TH3M B0N3Z
03-31-2013, 08:38 PM
I probably could but why would I want to? One hour fifteen is about the best I can do if I don't have to do any real carpet cleaning or special issues. I usually allow 2 hours.

It takes me maybe the same amount of time. I recently washed my car, stripped the wax with Dawn, polished the paint, glazed the paint, and then sealed the paint with Menzerna Power Lock, applied by hand with a foam app. First coat was left to dry 30 to 60 minutes, buffed off and left for 30 to 90 minutes awaiting a second coat. Once applied, allowed to haze right when it passes the finger test and then buffed off. I started at 10:30 in the morning and I finally finished around 7:30, and I took a few moments to sit down and eat, lol.

My rambling... my point is that I like to take my time. I used to rush myself sometimes and then I realized I should take more time and if time doesn't allow me, I'll do it another day.