PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO REVIEW: Poorboy's World Bug Squash

dc52nv
03-31-2013, 03:07 PM
Hi everyone, this is my second review thread for this product but this one is a video review. http://www.detailcity.org/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif I shot this video with my iPhone 4S and did it all on one take. I wanted to do it in one take so I can give it the fairest review as possible without any doubt I cheated and agitated the bumper. http://www.detailcity.org/forums/images/smilies/harrylol.gif

Allergies were kicking my ass during the test so please excuse my runny nose and congestion. In the video I mentioned the we got back from our trip on Saturday night but it was actually on Friday night and this review was done Sunday morning. Well enough of my gibberish and on to the video.

Poorboy's World Bug Squash Review - YouTube (http://youtu.be/Pma8Fzn8hY4)

ihaveacamaro
03-31-2013, 03:46 PM
Nice job!

I want to try this, but OPC on my opticoated bumpers makes bugs just pretty much fall off so I don't think I really need a dedicated bug cleaner.

Couple things that weren't mentioned that I think would help the review:
1) what LSP was on the bumper
2) How long were the bugs on the bumper? I know you mentioned that the bugs were from a trip to san fran over the weekend but if someone watches it next week on friday, they won't have a proper sense of how long those bugs have been on your bumper.
3) How much does the product cost? Bigger sizes available?

P.S. It's not so easy making video reviews is it? :D From my experience, you get better at making them as you go on and you become much more efficient. Also, having a tripod makes it much easier to use a hose and a bottle in the other hand.

But great job! It's hard making and editing video reviews, but they are much better at telling the whole story than pictures in my opinion :) Thanks for the review!

dc52nv
03-31-2013, 04:02 PM
Nice job!

I want to try this, but OPC on my opticoated bumpers makes bugs just pretty much fall off so I don't think I really need a dedicated bug cleaner.

Couple things that weren't mentioned that I think would help the review:
1) what LSP was on the bumper
2) How long were the bugs on the bumper? I know you mentioned that the bugs were from a trip to san fran over the weekend but if someone watches it next week on friday, they won't have a proper sense of how long those bugs have been on your bumper.
3) How much does the product cost? Bigger sizes available?

P.S. It's not so easy making video reviews is it? :D From my experience, you get better at making them as you go on and you become much more efficient. Also, having a tripod makes it much easier to use a hose and a bottle in the other hand.

But great job! It's hard making and editing video reviews, but they are much better at telling the whole story than pictures in my opinion :)
Thanks Roshan! I'm a huge fan of your vids. Your vids actually inspired me to make one of my own. I have yet to use OPC but hear great things about it. I have it on my shopping cart ready for when I place my next order. Thanks for your suggestions and I agree they would be very helpful for those watching. I'll address them in the same order.

1) Last week I gave my car the Ultima treatment. UPPP followed with UPGP (2 coats).
2) In the video I had said the bugs were sitting on my car a full day, not sure if you caught that. We came back Friday night and washed it Sunday morning so about a day and a half.
3) The 16oz bottle is $10.99. I got the 32oz bottle for $15.99. AG doesn't carry the 128oz bottle but it can be purchased on PB website for $33.95.

You are correct, it's not easy making videos at all. I have a tripod but since I used my phone there was no way to connect it to my tripod. I got my phone wet during the video as well. Not sure how many more video reviews I'll be making but this was certainly great practice. I hope to learn from my mistakes and get better.

ihaveacamaro
03-31-2013, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the compliment, it's humbling to think that my videos actually inspired you to make your own :) I do hope that you make more!

Appreciate the follow up info too.

As far as tripod, buy this, take off the top and put it on your big tripod. At $4 shipped, it's a pretty awesome deal, and if you have an android like me it still works. All my videos are off my phone too :)

Black Universal Mini Tripod Stand Camera Video Holder for iPhone 5 5g 4G 4S 4 3G | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Universal-Mini-Tripod-Stand-Camera-Video-Holder-for-iPhone-5-5G-4G-4S-4-3G-/190786363900?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item2c6bc0e1fc)

:)

dc52nv
03-31-2013, 04:43 PM
Sweet! It looks like it would work great. Thanks.

Sicoupe
03-31-2013, 05:05 PM
I thought it was a great video! Thanks for sharing:)

Robert8194
03-31-2013, 06:32 PM
Great review. If I had that water pressure, I could remove bugs and paint at the same time. I have Bug Squash but haven't mixed it up yet. You have inspired me to start using it.

dc52nv
03-31-2013, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the compliments. Robert, it's about time to start using it with the weather warming up.

newbdetailer
03-31-2013, 09:39 PM
Nice vid, but those aren't love bugs unless you drove from Florida or something. Fortunetly, here in Cali, we don't have those nasty love bugs.

dc52nv
04-01-2013, 05:15 PM
I always thought love bugs were any bugs that loved hanging out on the open roads.

newbdetailer
04-01-2013, 09:15 PM
Here's a nasty link
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/35920-there-times-i-don-t-envy-those-who-live-florida.html