PDA

View Full Version : Rookie Question

RBJR
03-30-2013, 08:16 PM
Greetings All:

Was doing some cleaning outside today around the house with my leaf blower. As I glanced over at my car and saw a light coating of dust I asked myself, can I use this leaf blower to blow the dirt off the car without scratching it?

The paint is in excellent condition , so before I would even think about doing something like that what better place to get the answer than AG.

Thanks in Advance,

Ray

dooyaunastan
03-30-2013, 08:58 PM
I'd say it's for more likely to induce marring, many claim using blowers to dry cars period will lightly "sand blast" the car with particles and micro debris, I won't say otherwise but I do question the severity and how noticeable the scratches are.

I'm going to go ahead and lean towards no, I wouldn't try it with WW technology available today. I trust water and polymers more for lubricity than I do air at 200+mph

RBJR
03-30-2013, 09:40 PM
I'd say it's for more likely to induce marring, many claim using blowers to dry cars period will lightly "sand blast" the car with particles and micro debris, I won't say otherwise but I do question the severity and how noticeable the scratches are.

I'm going to go ahead and lean towards no, I wouldn't try it with WW technology available today. I trust water and polymers more for lubricity than I do air at 200+mph

Thanks. I foam, 2 bucket, etc all the time. Was just looking for a quickie.