PDA

View Full Version : A comparison of detailing bags (Rupes, Autopia, Blackfire)

Pages : [1] 2

ihaveacamaro
03-30-2013, 06:37 PM
Hey guys, if you don't have a detailing bag, seriously think about getting one. These things are awesome and make great all purpose bags as well.

My brother actually stole my blackfire bag on his recent trip to Ecuador lol so you know it is durable stuff and can be used for other things as well, not just detailing.

Anyways, here's a video with all three bags and my thoughts on them:

Comparison of Detailing Bags (Blackfire, Rupes, Autopia) - YouTube (http://youtu.be/fHJ3hjcliGs)

P.S. Forgot to mention the prices:

Rupes = $90-100
Autopia bag = $50
Blackfire bag = $60

And you guys thought you could go a whole month without another one of my videos, but no! Here is another one just in time! :laughing:

2BlackChevys
03-30-2013, 08:03 PM
Good review! I've been looking at bags lately!

ihaveacamaro
03-31-2013, 11:29 AM
Good review! I've been looking at bags lately!

Thanks! If I had to get just one, it would be the BF one! :props:

jvs1991
03-31-2013, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the video Roshan. For towels pads and polishes the autopia bag seems to be the best. But I really wanna get the rupes bag for my 21 but 90 bucks is expensive

Chris@AutoCleanse
03-31-2013, 11:37 AM
Hey guys, if you don't have a detailing bag, seriously think about getting one. These things are awesome and make great all purpose bags as well.

My brother actually stole my blackfire bag on his recent trip to Ecuador lol so you know it is durable stuff and can be used for other things as well, not just detailing.

Anyways, here's a video with all three bags and my thoughts on them:

Comparison of Detailing Bags (Blackfire, Rupes, Autopia) - YouTube (http://youtu.be/fHJ3hjcliGs)

P.S. Forgot to mention the prices:

Rupes = $90-100
Autopia bag = $50
Blackfire bag = $60

And you guys thought you could go a whole month without another one of my videos, but no! Here is another one just in time! :laughing:

You bought all 3 of those bags, thought you were on a budget for college?

ihaveacamaro
03-31-2013, 11:43 AM
You bought all 3 of those

lol nope, I got the Rupes in the deluxe kit, I got the autopia one for making a $150 order (they had a deal like that one time), and I got the BF one in the big kahuna over at Autopia. I didn't buy any of them individually.

Back in October - November, I had a lot of money coming in from different things (xbox modding business, research scholarships, college pays me some money etc) so I could afford it.

Now I'm spending like $20 bucks a month on detailing, if that lol. Well except the Rupes, but I did a few paint corrections before I ordered it and sold my PC to afford that.

newbdetailer
03-31-2013, 09:51 PM
The AG bag I have is the same as the Autopia bag, but the pockets are alot smaller. They fit 16oz bottles no problem, but I'm pretty sure there is no way it'll fit a 32 oz bottle. Nice vid.

ScottB
04-01-2013, 06:16 AM
nice video ... explains the pro's and con's to each bag so the end user can really choose the one that works for them personally. Nice work !

BobbyG
04-01-2013, 06:40 AM
A great in-depth review of each bag with plenty of information for the consumer to choose their own destiny....:props:

Flatlander
04-01-2013, 07:08 AM
Back in October - November, I had a lot of money coming in from different things (xbox modding business, research scholarships, college pays me some money etc) so I could afford it.

Now I'm spending like $20 bucks a month on detailing, if that lol. Well except the Rupes, but I did a few paint corrections before I ordered it and sold my PC to afford that.

Roshan, another great review. I'm partial to the Blackfire bag myself. Please don't feel like you have to justify your purchases to anyone on this forum. Your $, you spend it how you please. I'm sure Italian Guy was just busting your chops anyway. Thanks for putting the time in to help us out with potential purchases. Always love to see your name on the front page with a review attached!

Mike

ntwillie1
04-04-2013, 07:34 PM
I have the backfire bag and I like it. I got it for $45 with my bf order here on AG. It has plenty of space for my pc, pads, towels and other products. The only con for me is that the side and front/rear pockets are a little large and so my bottles kind of lean outwards. Other than that its a nice bag.

ihaveacamaro
04-04-2013, 08:38 PM
I agree, IMO it's the best "detailing" bag you can get :)

HellDemon
04-04-2013, 11:16 PM
Hey Roshan, thanks for the review! Honestly I was waiting for something like this to come up; been needing a good detailing bag for a while and simply seeing pics of them don't really help much...
Don't do much on-the-go detailing so that autopia bag you got is absolutely perfect for me! Love that it has the separated compartments and even small bottle pockets on the inside as well.

Thanks mate! Appreciate the time you took to do this, and for helping me add something to my next purchase! ;)

jdmj0
04-05-2013, 06:09 AM
Roshan, yet again, another in-depth and great video!

I think I need to watch your videos at a slow pace, or else you'll empty my wallet even faster! I wasn't thinking of picking a bag up but now... HMM. It would seem much more professional rolling with one of these, than having to pick em out of the trunk when I go mobile.

I do have a few questions:

1) If you were to remove all of the bottles from the Autopia and BF bags, will they retain their shape? Or will they fold in?

2) When using the shoulder strap, similar to the above question, do any of them crumple? I wouldn't think so but the BF design seems that the strap may rub against the bag sides more than normal.

3) Bags aside, you have a lot of abrasives! I shouldn't be surprised but I am haha. I'm thinking of trying out new ones and Menzerna and Sonax are my next two choices. Thoughts?

vegas911gts
04-05-2013, 06:38 AM
The worst part about the rupes bag is the pockets for the 8 oz bottles. They are extremely slim and can't fit regular 8 oz bottles. The 16 oz bottles fit fine. I bought the wolfgang 8 oz squeeze bottles thinking that they would fit. Nope, not even close. But they are great bottles as they have the self cleaning tip.

I need someone who has the 250 ml rupes polish bottle to measure the diameter so I can find a bottle that can fit in those slim pockets.