PDA

View Full Version : One step, 2 step or multi step?

Lexi65
03-30-2013, 01:34 PM
I need some help... Please. Am going to have my black car
detailed... Not sure which 'package' I should buy. Garage queen since purchased 2011, but only washed by dealer! Help!
Feed back please

ihaveacamaro
03-30-2013, 01:36 PM
but only washed by dealer! Help!
Feed back please

uh oh.

Well, the biggest question is where do you want it at? A multi-step can easily be 95 percent correction or higher.

cleanmycorolla
03-30-2013, 01:37 PM
i'd say buy all the tools and products yourself, and that way you can detail your car whenever you want! Unless your detailer is one of the awesome pros on this board, but if they're not, then do it yourself. Whats he charging you for a two step polish, 175-250???? if so that a porter cable kit, with pads and poishes and lsps, and you'd have money left over for beer after!

Lexi65
03-30-2013, 01:53 PM
i'd say buy all the tools and products yourself, and that way you can detail your car whenever you want! Unless your detailer is one of the awesome pros on this board, but if they're not, then do it yourself. Whats he charging you for a two step polish, 175-250???? if so that a porter cable kit, with pads and poishes and lsps, and you'd have money left over for beer after!

No aptitude for doing it myself. Need to get assessment from him before I know price. Afraid he may oversell.

cleanmycorolla
03-30-2013, 03:05 PM
No aptitude for doing it myself. Need to get assessment from him before I know price. Afraid he may oversell.

once upon a time i had that too, its easy to be scared off but once you dive in it's fun....some people join this board an know nothing, year later they're got a mobile business. Just sayin' try it.:dblthumb2:

2old2change
03-30-2013, 03:14 PM
When a customer comes to me and is undecided on exactly how much correction they should shoot for I tape off a couple of sections and display what different levels of correction would produce. Most detailers are more then glad to demonstrate this when given a chance.

Jomax
03-30-2013, 03:33 PM
uh oh.

Well, the biggest question is where do you want it at? A multi-step can easily be 95 percent correction or higher.

Most of the time, but there are those cars and trucks that have RIDS that are too deep. But then again his car is a 2011.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Online

Anthony@zerboautoworks
03-30-2013, 03:44 PM
Get an estimate and let us know how much he is going to charge you.

BorisC
03-30-2013, 04:04 PM
:Picture: ???

DaveT435
03-30-2013, 04:25 PM
detailed... Not sure which 'package' I should buy. Garage queen since purchased 2011, but only washed by dealer! Help!
Feed back please
Where are you? There may be someone on here that can help.

Lexi65
03-30-2013, 05:10 PM
[QUOTE=Jomax;841256]Most of the time, but there are those cars and trucks that have RIDS that are too deep. But then again his car is a 2011.

It's a 2011 garage queen with just 2,500 miles. Live in the City and parking is a disaster. Use for groceries and driving to the burbs.

Lexi65
03-30-2013, 05:36 PM
Where are you? There may be someone on here that can help.

I'm in Chicago. Thnx

vegas911gts
03-30-2013, 05:49 PM

Yeah unless the car requires a lot of correction, you can certainly do it yourself. Minor corrections are not that hard for a first timer if you are careful. It becomes easier every time you do it. It's not hard and it can be relaxing. Good luck!

Lexi65
03-30-2013, 06:54 PM
Live in condo and have no access for this or personal aptitude. Like a swirl free finish.

BobbyG
03-30-2013, 07:08 PM
Feed back please

Hi Lexi,

Some don't have the time, place, products or equipment thus the reason automotive detailing is such a popular vocation. Detailing in itself is much scarier on the outside and once a little desire and enthusiasm kicks in you'd be surprised how competent even a beginner can be....but, not everyone wants to detail...

You say you're not sure which package to choose however I don't see any listed?

Some packages offered are straight forward and easy to understand but talking with a true professional and ensuring they understand what "your" goals are will help them help you....:props: