PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

Bill1234
03-30-2013, 12:41 PM
Hi all. I have been trying to restore my older car and fix up the swirling that was cause by snow and imroper washing. I used d300 on the microfiber pad by meguiars, but was not able to get out haze. Should I try ultimate compound?

I have been using speed 5 with moderate pressure. Swirls came down to a minimum but not fully corrected .

Dimetera413
03-30-2013, 07:44 PM
You might have to go a little more hardcore with your compound. Maybe 105, 101, or Menz FG400 in order to get all those swirls out. Make sure you are cleaning your pads often, too. As far as the haze, hit it with some 205 or something similar and that should do it.

Evan.J
03-30-2013, 08:14 PM
Hi all. I have been trying to restore my older car and fix up the swirling that was cause by snow and imroper washing. I used d300 on the microfiber pad by meguiars, but was not able to get out haze. Should I try ultimate compound?

I have been using speed 5 with moderate pressure. Swirls came down to a minimum but not fully corrected .

With compounding you will tend to get some hazing. Have you tried a test spot with the Meg's MF disc and D300 followed by a polish like M205 to see if you are left with any hazing.

I assume you are working with a DA. If you are having problems with the combo yupou have mpremoving everything you could try M105 or M101 or F400 but again you may get hazing with those that's well.

There will be limitation with the DA as I'm sure you know and not everything may be able to be removed aka RIDS. Something you may want to keep in mind

Just as a reminder make sure your keeping the DA at 4800 opm that way you don't run into an issue of the Velcro coming off the pad it self and make sure you clean those pads very often. :dblthumb2:

Pureshine
03-30-2013, 09:05 PM
I love D300 mix some 105 with it and then finish with a foam pad that should take care of hazing.