PDA

View Full Version : Products that stain / don't stain trim

budman3
05-16-2007, 11:43 AM
There is a thread talking about taping up trim before polishing and Nica asked me which products I use that don't stain trim. Since I haven't tried every product on the market, I decided to make this thread to list the products, from your experiences that stain trim and ones that do not. This can be from compounds, polishes, glazes, waxes, etc.

STAIN:
Meguiar's #9
Poorboy's PwC (white)
4 Star UPP (not positive though)

DON'T STAIN:
Poorboy's SSRs
Optimum Polish
Optimum Hyper Compound
Poorboy's PwC blue
Poorboy's PwS
P21S / S100 wax
Wolfgang HGPS
Klasse AIO
Klasse SG
Jeffs Werkstatt AJ
Poorboy's Natty's Blue

Those are the ones that I think of off the top of my head... now that I got the ball rolling, it is your turn! Thanks everyone.

greg'sgoat
05-16-2007, 11:58 AM
DP MaxWax doesn't stain.

Nica
05-16-2007, 01:35 PM
Sweet budman, thanks for starting this off. Looking forward to lots of replies.

ScottB
05-16-2007, 01:58 PM
most pure sealants and pure waxes (like Souveran) will not white or stain trim. Any product with a chemical or abrasive cleaner in it likely will, so careful with AIO and most store bought products. Taping is clearly the first choice, but a little pad cleaner or peanut butter removes the white quickly at first notice.

koibybrian
05-16-2007, 04:47 PM
most pure sealants and pure waxes (like Souveran) will not white or stain trim. Any product with a chemical or abrasive cleaner in it likely will, so careful with AIO and most store bought products. Taping is clearly the first choice, but a little pad cleaner or peanut butter removes the white quickly at first notice.

What does the staining? Not sure? The chemicals. What in the chemicals. I belive that anything that does not contain silcants will not? I used sourven an stained; easy clean up though. My truck has stipple grain trim. I belive this type of trim will stain because the stipple holds the product. So I would say carefull on the type of trim you have on vehicle. My G6 GT no problem except on stipple. Then The Black Renew comes out love the stuff! Pops the trim.

Penut butter? For now I awsome creamy! I will have to try it.

Totoland Mach
05-16-2007, 04:52 PM
budman3: sorry to inform you, but Meguiar's #26 does not stain trim. I use it every week in the BMW shop for that very reason.

Toto

budman3
05-16-2007, 05:49 PM
Meguiar's #9 does then. I used both and I thought that they both stained but I guess it was just #9...
What about UPP, I thought that it did stain but I could be mistaken, anybody know for sure?

Black Diamond
05-16-2007, 08:45 PM
Meg's #21 WILL stain trim. I ALWAYS tape when I use this.

Surfer
05-16-2007, 09:00 PM
Blitz wax is a good product....but don't get it on trim:eek: what a beotch it was to fix

klumzypinoy
05-17-2007, 03:28 AM
I don't know if Meguiar's 16 stains, anybody know? I haven't experienced staining yet!

Adde
05-17-2007, 02:09 PM
ok may be a stupid questino but how exactly do u apply the peanutbutter?

klumzypinoy
05-17-2007, 02:52 PM
ok may be a stupid questino but how exactly do u apply the peanutbutter?

I'm guessing, Paul Dalton style lol (with your hands but not a big glop just a little enough to spread around) then wash away?