PDA

View Full Version : Getting married in Key West 2014

ProDetail
03-29-2013, 11:10 PM
Ok, after going to DF this year, my fiance and I decided to go to Key West in the Florida Keys. A nice little vacation to make up for dealing with me at DF and the lack of interest in fellow AG'ers passion.

We've been engaged for 3 years now and the reason being is that we have different views on what our wedding should be like and until our visit to Key West we couldn't agree on anything therefore leading to a stall in or wedding plans. Which is completely unlike the rest of or relationship.

While we were at Key West, we fell absolutely in love with the island, it's beaches, and it's charm. We're considering a March date and I lucked out because she's ok with me going to DF #9 and while at DF her and her parents will go to Key West and make sure everything is going to plan, and once DF is over I go to down and finish a great weekend with a great day. Only problem is I don't know a date for DF #9. Is it the week/end every year or does it change every year.

Andr3wilson
03-30-2013, 12:32 AM
Congrats man! Hope all the best for you!

I don't know too much about the DF dates unfortunately

dipolley
03-30-2013, 12:44 AM
Neither do I on DF.

We vacation in Key West for our anniversary every year. We took our honeymoon there. We always stay at the Southern Most Hotel Collection. The Dewey House is a great property. We like it for the beach cafe (The jerk wings are wonderful). And the staff is wonderful. We even keep in touch with some of our favorite staff on facebook. we have a pretty good handle on a lot of the things we like to do when we are down there. We tried to do it on our own the first year and realized it is just easier and more fun to just let the concierge help us out in that regard. LOL

Have fun down there. If you need any advice on things to do, PM me.

jdmj0
03-30-2013, 03:17 AM
Talk to Mike. He was just there for his wedding :)

Boudin
03-30-2013, 07:48 AM
A woman planning a wedding around Detail Fest? Congrats man! I got married last year, a bit of advice, when yall set a date and she starts planning it out, just agree with everything, but be prepared for lots of tears and craziness.

ProDetail
03-31-2013, 03:52 PM
Thanks guys, I just got back in MA around 3am last night. I tried the whole, "let them plan it" and it's one of the reasons I'm still engaged and not married. Her and her mother cannot make up there minds, then I get dragged into the decision making and when I throw common sense into the situation it's the equivalent of adding gasoline to a fire lol. It's ok though, has given me more time to save.

Sent from my PC36100 using AG Online

dad07
03-31-2013, 03:59 PM
Congrats William!

Meghan usually announces the dates for the following year DF shortly after this years......at least it seems that way.

I'd shoot her a pm and I bet she could get ya in the ballpark for a date!

Anthony@zerboautoworks
03-31-2013, 04:59 PM
Thanks guys, I just got back in MA around 3am last night. I tried the whole, "let them plan it" and it's one of the reasons I'm still engaged and not married. Her and her mother cannot make up there minds, then I get dragged into the decision making and when I throw common sense into the situation it's the equivalent of adding gasoline to a fire lol. It's ok though, has given me more time to save.

Sent from my PC36100 using AG Online

I know that feeling

Mike Phillips
04-01-2013, 07:17 AM
I can introduce you to the people that conducted our wedding ceremony as they did a stellar job.

Stacy researched the best weather for Key West historically and March is the best month and that's why we timed our wedding in Key West in March.

Also, get married in the morning as the weather will be cooler, less chance of rain and then you have the rest of the day to celebrate.

I can also recommend the place we stayed as well as a few others...

A few wedding pictures - Mike & Stacy in Key West (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/62058-few-wedding-pictures-mike-stacy-key-west.html)

http://www.showcargarage.com/gallery/files/1/Mike_Stacy_Wedding.006c.jpg

Our wedding package came with a complete online wedding album from the photographer, this makes it really easy to share with friends and family around the world. Peter, our photographer and his wife did a great job. I highly recommend them.

:)