PDA

View Full Version : Detaling products expiry ?

Pages : [1] 2

volverine
03-29-2013, 10:43 PM
hi dears
i want to ask
what is the average life of detailing products
eg
soverian liquid wax
ultimate paste wax
natty paste wax
p21s 100% carnuba wax
3m waxes etc
can anyone tell how to check its expiry date and manufacture date

ihaveacamaro
03-29-2013, 11:35 PM
a very long time given it's stored in ideal conditions. Extreme hot or extreme cold and big fluctuations can diminish the life of product.

CM8 6MT
03-29-2013, 11:39 PM
a very long time given it's stored in ideal conditions. Extreme hot or extreme cold and big fluctuations can diminish the life of product.

^^^ Agree. Also detail products dont exactly have an "expiration" date. Like Roshan stated, they will last you many years if stored in ideal temperatures, I estimate around 50-80 degrees would be optimal for polishes. Waxes/Sealants it will vary by manufacturer. For example many Zymol waxes need to be stored in cold temps.

volverine
03-29-2013, 11:51 PM
^^^ Agree. Also detail products dont exactly have an "expiration" date. Like Roshan stated, they will last you many years if stored in ideal temperatures, I estimate around 50-80 degrees would be optimal for polishes. Waxes/Sealants it will vary by manufacturer. For example many Zymol waxes need to be stored in cold temps.

Here in my area normal temperature is -1ºC upto maximum rarely 40ºC
Is this temperature is ok ?
And secpndly i alway keep all waxes sealant in my shelf which ia cool place

Sent from my GT-I9100 using AG Online

volverine
03-29-2013, 11:52 PM

What about 3m rosa wax its expiry date is written on it that is 2 years from manufacture date

CM8 6MT
03-30-2013, 12:01 AM
Here in my area normal temperature is -1ºC upto maximum rarely 40ºC
Is this temperature is ok ?
And secpndly i alway keep all waxes sealant in my shelf which ia cool place

Geez that is cold! When in doubt, keep your stuff inside your house! Thats what I do. It gets over 100 degrees here in northern california often, and my garage will be even hotter then that. I just keep my stuff in my "detail stuff" room and grab what I need from my shelves.

Also keep in mind when doing your detailing, the ambient temperature will have a big impact on how a polish or lsp behaves. This is why different products will have many different results based on the users ambient temperature where they are located. You want your paint to be a nice cool temp, but not extemely cold or hot.

ihaveacamaro
03-30-2013, 12:09 AM
Geez that is cold!

He's saying celsius noob :p ;)

30 to 104 degrees farenheit.

volverine, try to keep it between 10 and 27 degree celsius

Also keep in mind when doing your detailing, the ambient temperature will have a big impact on how a polish or lsp behaves. This is why different products will have many different results based on the users ambient temperature where they are located. You want your paint to be a nice cool temp, but not extemely cold or hot.

:iagree:

CM8 6MT
03-30-2013, 12:57 AM

And I still dont, and probably wont know the difference....no wonder I failed chemistry in High School

vegas911gts
03-30-2013, 01:53 AM
Some have said that coatings and iron x are products that are more sensitive to age. I'll have to double check with cee dog on that.

volverine
03-30-2013, 02:42 AM

Hmmm that is idle temprature of my room even in hot summer when outside temp is 40○Cmy room temp never exceed from 30

volverine
03-30-2013, 02:43 AM
Geez that is cold! When in doubt, keep your stuff inside your house! Thats what I do. It gets over 100 degrees here in northern california often, and my garage will be even hotter then that. I just keep my stuff in my "detail stuff" room and grab what I need from my shelves.

Yes i always dondetailing at morning time so that temprature is cool

volverine
03-30-2013, 02:43 AM
Some have said that coatings and iron x are products that are more sensitive to age. I'll have to double check with cee dog on that.

I heared liquid waxes expire after 18-24 montha it is true ?

vegas911gts
03-30-2013, 02:45 AM
I heared liquid waxes expire after 18-24 montha it is true ?

I don't know. The best answer you can get is to contact the manufacturer directly.

volverine
03-30-2013, 02:55 AM
I don't know. The best answer you can get is to contact the manufacturer directly.

I m waiting for sir mike philips to rep he might know it v well

FUNX650
03-30-2013, 09:03 AM
hi dears

^^^Thanks...That's very kind of you.^^^

i want to ask
what is the average life of detailing products
eg
soverian liquid wax
ultimate paste wax
natty paste wax
p21s 100% carnuba wax
3m waxes etc
can anyone tell how to check its expiry date and manufacture date
Glad you mentioned one of Meguiar's products! :props:

-Anytime that I've used any of their products and felt that they did not perform
to my expectations of what their product description states they will do...
I've taken Meguiar's up their satisfaction guarantee.

NOTE #1:
I still use some Meguiar's products I've had for a
couple of decades now with no discernable issues.
(Of course...This could very well be because of my age)

As well...
It may be that, due to the age of these older products...
Their being VOC compliant does not come into play.

NOTE #2:
If car-care products have a recommended panel/ambient temperature application-range...
Their storage temperatures, generally, will usually follow suit.

:)

Bob