PDA

View Full Version : Swissvax

Pages : [1] 2

D
05-16-2007, 01:47 AM
Anyone use this stuff? Im curious as to how Concorso and Scuderia compare to Souveran Paste.

D
05-16-2007, 01:55 AM
Nevermind, did a search and saw what killr said.

ScottB
05-16-2007, 06:31 AM
Nevermind, did a search and saw what killr said.

Its not a bad offering, but once price is included your not getting any real bang for you buck. I truly feel this line, is for Ferrari owners to "feel" like they are getting something special for spending so much on a wax. Swissvax was Swissol before being sued by Zymol. Supposedly they shared some product design, or thought someone stole it for the other. Who knows, but one thing is clear they are both priced at high end of the carnauba spectrum.

P1et
05-16-2007, 08:11 AM
That's some expensive stuff!

Swissvax Concorso : $225
Swissvax Mystery : $550
Swissvax Onyx : $80
Swissvax Saphir : $130
Swissvax Zuffenhausen : $130

Hey, and guess what? You see that Mystery for $550? Well, it has 55% white carnauba wax and that's probably why it's so expensive. Or you can buy some Pete's '53 and get 53% white carnauba and get 15 tubs of it for $550!

D
05-16-2007, 08:46 AM
Its not a bad offering, but once price is included your not getting any real bang for you buck. I truly feel this line, is for Ferrari owners to "feel" like they are getting something special for spending so much on a wax. Swissvax was Swissol before being sued by Zymol. Supposedly they shared some product design, or thought someone stole it for the other. Who knows, but one thing is clear they are both priced at high end of the carnauba spectrum.

Yeah, thats what I read from you in the posts. I was just curious because a guy on another board just started selling it.

supercharged
05-16-2007, 10:39 AM
That's some expensive stuff!

Swissvax Concorso : $225
Swissvax Mystery : $550
Swissvax Onyx : $80
Swissvax Saphir : $130
Swissvax Zuffenhausen : $130

Hey, and guess what? You see that Mystery for $550? Well, it has 55% white carnauba wax and that's probably why it's so expensive. Or you can buy some Pete's '53 and get 53% white carnauba and get 15 tubs of it for $550!
Haven't tried Pete's 53 wax yet, nor 5050, but have been already satisfied with Souveran paste. Souveran ROCKS!!!:righton:

ScottB
05-16-2007, 02:06 PM
You see that Mystery for $550? Well, it has 55% white carnauba wax and that's probably why it's so expensive. Or you can buy some Pete's '53 and get 53% white carnauba and get 15 tubs of it for $550!

As offered prior, most chemist agree that 30-35% is about the maximum carnauba that can be used in a wax and spreadable. So measuring on all of these is highly suspect. What catches my eye is alot of the ingredients are the same of similar, thus could be a copycat wax at a 1/10 of the price.

koibybrian
05-16-2007, 05:07 PM
Haven't tried Pete's 53 wax yet, nor 5050, but have been already satisfied with Souveran paste. Souveran ROCKS!!!:righton:

I use Swissol Shield at times. Seems to hold up great against the bird bombs an insects don't seem to stick as much. Souvern is also great use it the most. Souveran is the bang for the buck.IMO Have not tried petes.

DavidJ021
05-16-2007, 06:15 PM

I really enjoy reading your thoughts on products, you tell it how it truly is.

Surfer
05-16-2007, 06:19 PM
I've seen pics...but between Souv/NB/CG 5050 I personally don't see a need for any other wax for my use.

klumzypinoy
05-16-2007, 06:34 PM
Swissvax tubs look attractive, but I'll stay out of that and Zymol :p

sarcher1
05-16-2007, 11:12 PM
I just tried Pete's 53 on my metal flake blue truck side my side with Natty's Blue, OPT spray wax, and the base PS that is three months old(long truck). Pete's was almost or as good as PS. I was really disappointed in the Natty's. Not sure if I did anything wrong but the reflections were not even close to the others. Now I need to try the swissvax just to give it a look see

RallyMSP
05-17-2007, 02:43 AM
I'd love to try swissvax concourso but at the moment I can't give meself a good reason to buy a wax thats almost as much as my monthly car payment. lol

P1et
05-17-2007, 09:57 AM
I love Nattys in the fact that it's cheap, and easy on and easy off, but MAN you need to put about 3 layers on there for it to really work to its full potential and the durability is just not up to standards.

pirex
05-17-2007, 10:20 AM
I tryed the Poorboy's Natty’s Paste Wax – BLUE (http://www.autogeek.net/nattys-blue.html) on my Tornado Red vw Jetta 4, and its just BANG! What a nice shine!! And the beding is just sweet :D I have Sig II and souveran to, and I just love them.