CleanCarGuy
03-28-2013, 03:56 PM
Anyone have experience with this new
Polisher from meguiars that connects to
Your drill. Supposedly it's a DA polisher that
Simply connects to your drill and is about half
The cost of a PCxp or Griots DA polisher. It's
Goes for about $54.99 at stores.

Anyone have experience using this? Is it worth it?
Or should I just buck up and spend the $110 or so
On a porter cable or griots DA polisher.

Both my cars are brand new btw so no major correction
Is needed. My fathers 1992 Mercedes is another story on
The other hand and would love to correct the paint
On his car..

jamesalanb
03-28-2013, 04:10 PM
I've seen a few reviews on youtube, and it looks like a decent otc option. I went for the griots garage da and recently used the Meguiars mf kit with it. Very pleased. I understand you don't need much correction now, but if you have the few extra dollars to spend I'd recommend starting with quality full size tools and the appropriate products so you do have them when necessary. Theres not much flexibility with a small orbiting attachment for your power drill. JMO

ski2
03-28-2013, 04:22 PM
IMO the Groits is the way to go for the weekend detailer--most powerful and a lifetime warranty, but if you're trying to keep costs down why not just get the Harbor Freight DA for $50 instead of dealing with a drill attachment.

CM8 6MT
03-28-2013, 04:26 PM
Marc08EX did a review on it, maybe he can chime in and give you better input.

I agree with everyone here, a full size DA is the way to go. Yeah, you can get decent results with the DA Power system, but you dont have the torque of a full size polisher.

I also agree that a Griots DA is the way to go. For a true professional DA, look no further than a Flex or Rupes.

Marc08EX
03-28-2013, 04:41 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/60691-review-meguiar-s-da-power-system.html

IMO, this tool is great for beginners who's either afraid to use a full sized DA or who cannot afford one. It gets the job done but with the smaller pads, you'll be buffing your car a lot longer. If you have the money to spare for a full DA, I would suggest going that route. Trust me, there's nothing to be afraid of.

FishyX
03-28-2013, 09:22 PM
I might have to get me one of these to try out. Pretty cheap if you order online with Advance Auto discount codes. Around $45.00 when you throw in a $10.00 filler which in my case will be a decent polishing compound.

Jomax
03-28-2013, 10:24 PM
Jump to a griots and be done, you'll buy the drill attachment, then after half the car you'll give up and buy the griots.. I upgraded from a griots to the rupes and couldn't be happier, it's an amazing machine, but it is 400$.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Online