PDA

View Full Version : Poorboy's World Polish W/ Carnauba

hoyt66
03-28-2013, 04:17 AM
This is on bogo and I was thinking about trying it. I used the search engine but it didn't

yield much info. Feed back please Thanks

Poorboy's Polish with 100% Carnauba: Clean and protect in one simple step with Poorboys carnauba polish! finishing polish, poorboys carnauba glaze (http://www.autogeek.net/pbpwc12.html)

tuscarora dave
03-28-2013, 06:30 AM
PWC (original formula) is pretty much a chemical polish that leaves behind some carnauba protection. It works well for frequent maintenance polishing of gel coats and pretty much any painted surfaces. PWC does it's best on single stage paints, especially darker colors where finishing can be tricky. PWC is pretty thin in consistency and a little goes a long way. Don't be fooled by the "Chemical Polish" thing, because the chemicals used in Poorboy's Chemical polishes are pretty effective at removing light swirls. They are pad dependent polishes so if you want more cut you can go with a more aggressive pad.

I look at PWC (original formula) as being like Pro Polish with some wax added to it. I stopped buying it because the conditions I work in sometimes get pretty hot and the heat tends to make the polishes a bit unstable and they thin out too much (in the bottle) for my liking. They still work fine but they tend to sling a lot when used via rotary polisher. PB polishes are pretty safe products for beginner detailers. To my knowledge most of the PB line are DAT or Chemical polishes with exception to Pro Polish 2 which I believe is SMAT and chemical combined.

PWC Blue is pretty much the same product as PWC (original formula) but with a different scent, color and has fillers added to help conceal some light micro marring, fine swirls etc. I always like using the product when I pull it down from the back of the shelf but just wish it didn't get so thin.

This info goes back a few years so I can't tell you if any product tweaks or all out changes have been made over the time I've been away from PB products. They all absolutely work well in direct sunlight on hot paint. Steve or pockets would be happy to talk to you about their products if you give them a call. They've always been good about that.

hoyt66
03-28-2013, 07:13 PM
PWC (original formula) is pretty much a chemical polish that leaves behind some carnauba protection. It works well for frequent maintenance polishing of gel coats and pretty much any painted surfaces. PWC does it's best on single stage paints, especially darker colors where finishing can be tricky. PWC is pretty thin in consistency and a little goes a long way. Don't be fooled by the "Chemical Polish" thing, because the chemicals used in Poorboy's Chemical polishes are pretty effective at removing light swirls. They are pad dependent polishes so if you want more cut you can go with a more aggressive pad.

I look at PWC (original formula) as being like Pro Polish with some wax added to it. I stopped buying it because the conditions I work in sometimes get pretty hot and the heat tends to make the polishes a bit unstable and they thin out too much (in the bottle) for my liking. They still work fine but they tend to sling a lot when used via rotary polisher. PB polishes are pretty safe products for beginner detailers. To my knowledge most of the PB line are DAT or Chemical polishes with exception to Pro Polish 2 which I believe is SMAT and chemical combined.

PWC Blue is pretty much the same product as PWC (original formula) but with a different scent, color and has fillers added to help conceal some light micro marring, fine swirls etc. I always like using the product when I pull it down from the back of the shelf but just wish it didn't get so thin.

This info goes back a few years so I can't tell you if any product tweaks or all out changes have been made over the time I've been away from PB products. They all absolutely work well in direct sunlight on hot paint. Steve or pockets would be happy to talk to you about their products if you give them a call. They've always been good about that.

Dave,

Thanks for the reply. Smat and Dat are new terms to me. Could you shed some light on them? I see in your post Dat is a chemical polish opposed to abrasives or diminishing abrasives? So then Smat must be polishes using abrasives?

Thanks,
Chet

tuscarora dave
04-28-2013, 06:28 PM
DAT = Diminishing abrasives technology
SMAT = Super Micro Abrasives Technology (non diminishing)

hoyt66
04-28-2013, 07:33 PM
DAT = Diminishing abrasives technology
SMAT = Super Micro Abrasives Technology (non diminishing)

Got it! Thanks Dave!
I just used this product on my wifes Dodge Journey. It worked pretty darn good. Left some micro scratches here and there but overall was pretty glossy and deep.