PDA

View Full Version : BF Crystal Seal vs. WG Liquid Seal

WRAPT C5Z06
03-27-2013, 11:40 PM
Which looks better and has better durability?

addysdaddy
03-28-2013, 06:19 AM
I have both and imo, same thing. Perhaps the WG gives a slightly warmer look to the paint - but I wouldn't swear to it. And I thought that the WG version flashed a little better but for all intensive purposes, same thing in a different bottle.

Nick McKees37
03-28-2013, 06:46 AM
Which looks better and has better durability?

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal provides more "warmth" to the paint and will have a slight edge in durability. Because it utilizes a more advanced polymer, it will also flash quicker, making it slightly easier to use in humid climates and/or in direct sunlight.

For lighter colored vehicles I reach for BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal as it provides crisper reflections. Deep Gloss Liquid Seal is the obvious choice for black, red, and blue paint because it makes those colors appear infinitely deep.

:dblthumb2:

SlowWRX
03-28-2013, 07:18 AM
I have crystal seal and my car is dark gray metallic. Stuff is super easy to use and the look it gives my car is an extremely wet and glossy look.

TroyScherer
03-28-2013, 08:39 AM
Having and using both, I fully agree with Nick.

WG has more of a warm nuba look.
BF is a little bit crisper and more of a sealant.

As for durability, I haven't gone more than 6 weeks before I decided to add another layer since it is so easy to use.

Setec Astronomy
03-28-2013, 08:47 AM
If I was starting over it would be hard to argue with going all WOWA, and that extends to the trim and interior products, too. Funny how we all thought David B. was nuts when Ultima came out because it was so expensive then.

cleanmycorolla
03-28-2013, 09:51 AM
Going to agree totally with Nick and Troy as well. I have used both and they're spot on! The only real difference is the entry price point, you can get 4oz of the Crystal seal(goes a really long way) for what $18. So at least with that price you can dip your toes in so to speak....either way though, both are fantastic and really just make detailing so much easier. I'm a huge fan of the BF total polish and seal and crystal seal combo, fast efficient and quick for those "not so big" detailing session.

KenR
03-28-2013, 09:58 AM
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal provides more "warmth" to the paint and will have a slight edge in durability. Because it utilizes a more advanced polymer, it will also flash quicker, making it slightly easier to use in humid climates and/or in direct sunlight.

For lighter colored vehicles I reach for BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal as it provides crisper reflections. Deep Gloss Liquid Seal is the obvious choice for black, red, and blue paint because it makes those colors appear infinitely deep.

:dblthumb2:

How would Menzerna Power Lock sealant fit into this comparison?

WRAPT C5Z06
03-28-2013, 10:01 AM
Awesome, thanks guys.

Originally, I should have asked the difference in looks(which was explained), rather than which looks better. Everyone has their own taste.

07gtcs
03-28-2013, 10:02 AM
I've used both and to my amerature eyes, can't tell the difference. I did use the CS as winter prep on my wifes VW going into winter to test durability, but added more as I can't keep from preping my cars.