PDA

View Full Version : Pad Cleaner?

Pages : [1] 2 3

FMINUS
05-15-2007, 10:51 PM
I am using XMT pad cleaner right now, is anyone using anything else home made? like a alchohol and water mix?

Nimble
05-15-2007, 11:01 PM
Dawn power dissolver and snappy clean once in a while over here. Sometimes just dawn by it self. Never tried alcohol and water though, sorry.

cullen2505
05-15-2007, 11:01 PM
Dawn Power Dissolver. I also have the XMT pad cleaner as well.

FMINUS
05-15-2007, 11:12 PM
The dawn wont leave detergents in the pad and then take away the product?

FMINUS
05-15-2007, 11:14 PM
I was looking online and it said that most places dont carry it. Where did you guys get urs?

Nimble
05-15-2007, 11:21 PM
The dawn wont leave detergents in the pad and then take away the product?

I wouldn't think so, as long as you rinse the pad well.

orngez
05-15-2007, 11:28 PM
micro restore work very well on pads...dawn power dissolver i usually find at walmart

cullen2505
05-15-2007, 11:34 PM
Dawn Power Dissolver works like the XMT. You spray it on, let it sit for a while, then use a foam pad brush to agitate the pad, and then rinse.

klumzypinoy
05-15-2007, 11:45 PM
micro restore work very well on pads...dawn power dissolver i usually find at walmart

It's hard to get the wax out of my applicator foam pads with micro restore, but it still cleans em up enough so that they won't dry up hard. I'm gonna find power dissolver someday.

FMINUS
05-16-2007, 12:45 AM
Just got a bottle for $2 at Walmart!

klumzypinoy
05-16-2007, 12:51 AM
Just got a bottle for $2 at Walmart!

What section? :) I needa pick some up!

orngez
05-16-2007, 01:31 AM
It's hard to get the wax out of my applicator foam pads with micro restore, but it still cleans em up enough so that they won't dry up hard. I'm gonna find power dissolver someday.

if you pre-soak the pads in a diluted solution of mirco resotre the wax comes out a lot easier with just a final spritzing of full strenght micro-restore and a rinse afterwards...but i will admit it is very difficult to completely get wax out of a pad...always use warm to semi hot water....

also...not sure if it actually works but one detailing friend swears by it...he always applies a sealant first with a new pad and then uses it for carnauba waxes...he feels that the sealant that bonds in the pad helps to lock out wax from bonding to the pad and makes it not as difficult to rinse out....i never tried it because i alway apply wax and sealants with different pads....i can see how he thinks this might work...but maybe it is just crazy detailer snake oil logic :p

klumzypinoy
05-16-2007, 01:47 AM
if you pre-soak the pads in a diluted solution of mirco resotre the wax comes out a lot easier with just a final spritzing of full strenght micro-restore and a rinse afterwards...but i will admit it is very difficult to completely get wax out of a pad...always use warm to semi hot water....

also...not sure if it actually works but one detailing friend swears by it...he always applies a sealant first with a new pad and then uses it for carnauba waxes...he feels that the sealant that bonds in the pad helps to lock out wax from bonding to the pad and makes it not as difficult to rinse out....i never tried it because i alway apply wax and sealants with different pads....i can see how he thinks this might work...but maybe it is just crazy detailer snake oil logic :p

Sounds like the wax application with a sealant primed pad would work, but I'm wondering if the wax would mix with the sealant as well :p. There should be wax applicators that absorb NO wax at all :D

FMINUS
05-16-2007, 03:12 AM

I use the pad scrubber that is sold by Wolfgang, and what ever I cant get out I let dry. Once dried I scrub the pad again with the scrubber and SPANK the powder out!

FMINUS
05-16-2007, 03:13 AM
What section? :) I needa pick some up!

Its in the laundry detergent/dish washing isle. Its supposed to be used for dishes.