PDA

View Full Version : Preparing for BlackIce

Pages : [1] 2

Bigbull2984
03-27-2013, 09:32 AM
I will be using BlackIce on my car this weekend!!!!

BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax, best black car wax, wax for black cars, wax for black paint (http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-black-ice-hybrid-montan-sealant-wax.html)

What questions would you all like to be answered in my review?

Also for prep I am going to use Total Polish and Seal and/or Gloss enhancing polish, is there any concerns that you all would like me to address?

Thanks

-Dhaval

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
03-27-2013, 09:36 AM
Looking forward to seeing this review for sure.

Dont really have any questions at the moment. Just interested in your findings.

JSou
03-27-2013, 09:40 AM
I would really like to see this topped over the WDAFPP.

Hope to see your review and would like to hear your opinions on this vs the Midnight Sun.

Dr_Pain
03-27-2013, 11:12 AM
Thank you in advance for the upcoming review.

I would like for you to purposefully forget the BlackIce on the paint in one area (for lets say 1 hr) to see how hard it is to remove after you've let it "over haze". I've had a couple of occasions where I applied sealant (blacklight, specifically) or waxes, and was interrupted with an emergency or a visiting customer/buddy, and came back to wipe off and ended up with a major arm workout.

Sicoupe
03-27-2013, 11:15 AM
Interested in your review, heard nothing but good things about it:)

Bigbull2984
03-27-2013, 11:19 AM
Looking forward to seeing this review for sure.

Dont really have any questions at the moment. Just interested in your findings.

Thanks.

I would really like to see this topped over the WDAFPP.

Hope to see your review and would like to hear your opinions on this vs the Midnight Sun.

I can do that on a portion.:dblthumb2:

Thank you in advance for the upcoming review.

I would like for you to purposefully forget the BlackIce on the paint in one area (for lets say 1 hr) to see how hard it is to remove after you've let it "over haze". I've had a couple of occasions where I applied sealant (blacklight, specifically) or waxes, and was interrupted with an emergency or a visiting customer/buddy, and came back to wipe off and ended up with a major arm workout.

I could do that for you, Ill wax the rear door first. :props:

Interested in your review, heard nothing but good things about it:)

I am extremely excited!!

ihaveacamaro
03-27-2013, 11:24 AM
all I ask is you wait until I finish and post my review lmao! It's a race!

FUNX650
03-27-2013, 11:34 AM
I will be using BlackIce on my car this weekend!!!!

BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax, best black car wax, wax for black cars, wax for black paint (http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-black-ice-hybrid-montan-sealant-wax.html)

What questions would you all like to be answered in my review?

Also for prep I am going to use Total Polish and Seal and/or Gloss enhancing polish, is there any concerns that you all would like me to address?

Thanks

-Dhaval
Hi Dhaval...Thanks for asking us in advance of your BlackIce-review.

If I may...
I would like to defer all but the below questions/concerns until your review debuts.

As such:
-What paint-system does your 'test vehicle' have (ex: SS; Metallic BC/CC; non-Metallic BC/CC) ?

-Would it be possible for you to NOT Correct (prep with TPnS; GEP) an area that has blemishes, if any...
In order for, perhaps: Imperfections-Hiding purposes/comparisons?

-Why are you proposing the use of a gloss enhancing polish (GEP) as a "base" for BlackIce?

-What do you believe is the shift from folks wanting only the highest grade/percentage of carnuba-wax in their LSP-waxes...
to those waxes that now proclaim the benefits of having montan-wax blended-in, so to say?

-If montan-wax "darkens paint/changes the color of the vehicles"...Then...In your opinion:
Is it dyeing/tinting/occluding the top-coat paint-film...whether it's OEM, and/or aftermarket?

-Could you check and see, and report back in your review if:
BlackIce will/won't stain...Applicators/MF towels/Human-skin/Clothing?

-Why didn't you PM: ihaveacamaro (Roshan) for a sample from
his recently-allocated pot of BlackIce? :D

Thanks in advance for doing this BlackIce review.

:)

Bob

Bigbull2984
03-27-2013, 11:34 AM
all I ask is you wait until I finish and post my review lmao! It's a race!

Whos car are you using?

Bigbull2984
03-27-2013, 11:50 AM
Hi Dhaval...Thanks for asking us in advance of your BlackIce-review.

If I may...
I would like to defer all but the below questions/concerns until your review debuts.

As such:
-What paint-system does your 'test vehicle' have (ex: SS; Metallic BC/CC; non-Metallic BC/CC) ?

-Would it be possible for you to NOT Correct (prep with TPnS; GEP) an area that has blemishes, if any...

-Why are you proposing the use of a gloss enhancing polish (GEP) as a "base" for BlackIce?

-What do you believe is the shift from folks wanting only the highest grade/percentage of carnuba-wax in their LSP-waxes...
to those waxes that now proclaim the benefits of having montan-wax blended-in, so to say?

-If montan-wax "darkens paint/changes the color of the vehicles"...Then...In your opinion:
Is it dyeing/tinting/occluding the top-coat paint-film...whether it's OEM, and/or aftermarket?

-Why didn't you PM: ihaveacamaro (Roshan) for a sample from
his recently-allocated pot of BlackIce? :D

Thanks in advance for doing this BlackIce review.

Bob

Hey Bob :)

-What paint-system does your 'test vehicle' have (ex: SS; Metallic BC/CC; non-Metallic BC/CC) ?i

Will be used on my DD which is a 2010 Acura TSX with Crystal Black Pearl Paint

I can do that, I have some straight line scratches.

I would like to stick to one product line.

-What do you believe is the shift from folks wanting only the highest grade/percentage of carnuba-wax in their LSP-waxes... to those waxes that now proclaim the benefits of having montan-wax blended-in, so to say?

I am a hobbyist, and have always been fond of the Blackfire line, and to answer your question in the shift is quite subjective.

I will try this on my white car when I get back to FL :) but changing the color is quite extreme.

Sure, I will use the Artic white towels to remove it, and use a yellow applicator to apply.

FUNX650
03-27-2013, 12:10 PM
Hey Bob :)

-What paint-system does your 'test vehicle' have (ex: SS; Metallic BC/CC; non-Metallic BC/CC) ?i

Will be used on my DD which is a 2010 Acura TSX with Crystal Black Pearl Paint

I can do that, I have some straight line scratches.

I would like to stick to one product line.

-What do you believe is the shift from folks wanting only the highest grade/percentage of carnuba-wax in their LSP-waxes... to those waxes that now proclaim the benefits of having montan-wax blended-in, so to say?

I am a hobbyist, and have always been fond of the Blackfire line, and to answer your question in the shift is quite subjective.

I will try this on my white car when I get back to FL :) but changing the color is quite extreme.

Sure, I will use the Artic white towels to remove it, and use a yellow applicator to apply.

Thanks for your replies Dhaval!!

Bob

ihaveacamaro
03-27-2013, 12:16 PM
Whos car are you using?

gfs black nissan altima

Pats300zx
03-27-2013, 03:34 PM
Great stuff. Looking forward to your review.

Bigbull2984
03-27-2013, 05:05 PM
http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh515/dnd2984/37B70B4C-19F2-4E3A-BE82-4A7CF6B354A7-848-0000006D80BC4671_zps6052d242.jpg

Dr_Pain
03-27-2013, 05:06 PM
http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh515/dnd2984/37B70B4C-19F2-4E3A-BE82-4A7CF6B354A7-848-0000006D80BC4671_zps6052d242.jpg

Dhaval, did you put some of that wax on those shoes?!? LOL!

Im the MAN:buffing: