PDA

View Full Version : Incredible coating!

Pages : [1] 2

Klasse Act
03-27-2013, 08:22 AM
Ultra Ever Dry - YouTube

Not sure if this is re-post but I just found this on our CRZ forum and I guess all I wanna know is this, can it be used on your car? If so, this would truely be the last coating you'd ever need!

zmcgovern45
03-27-2013, 08:30 AM
Ultra Ever Dry - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfUaKXasdD4&feature=player_embedded)

Not sure if this is re-post but I just found this on our CRZ forum and I guess all I wanna know is this, can it be used on your car? If so, this would truely be the last coating you'd ever need!

There are about 3-5 threads already created on this... the general consensus (from other AG members who did more research on the product) was that it is not durable enough to be used on cars. Apparently it can be easily removed with an APC or strong citrus cleaner. Also, from what I understood it was simply too expensive at this point to even consider for automotive use... assuming it was more durable.

Klasse Act
03-27-2013, 08:39 AM
Thanks for the info and sorry about it being a re-post but it blew me away when I saw it, crazy stuff! I bet there's someone in a lab right now trying to figure out how to use it in the automotive field for sure!

zmcgovern45
03-27-2013, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the info and sorry about it being a re-post but it blew me away when I saw it, crazy stuff! I bet there's someone in a lab right now trying to figure out how to use it in the automotive field for sure!

Let's hope so - it is definitely some crazy stuff!

mackey
03-27-2013, 09:54 AM
if someone developed one for vehicle use, id be in like flynn

Sicoupe
03-27-2013, 10:01 AM
If they do ever make it for cars, the price would be outrageous I bet:)

RaskyR1
03-27-2013, 10:52 AM
It's also not yet available in a clear formula, as per the FAQ on their web page. LOL some guy actually argued with me on one of my Opti-Coat videos on how this was better....I'm like it amazing stuff, to bad it can't be used on your paint unless you want it to look like crap! :D

Richard Lin with Show Car Detailing posted a video a while back where he applied a similar product to a red painted metal panel...it looked terrible after he applied it but it did work as advertised.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mHm1xKs31g&feature=share&list=UU7T6fhf_IEMwJWLSQnOtuKQ]Super Hydrophobic Coating - YouTube[/video]

zmcgovern45
03-27-2013, 11:35 AM
Great point Rasky... the whole time I was watching that video I could only focus on the swirls and scratches in that red paint... even though it is a filing cabinet. I know I'm not the only one either!

Hi my name is ______, and I have a problem :)

Dr_Pain
03-27-2013, 11:39 AM
Great point Rasky... the whole time I was watching that video I could only focus on the swirls and scratches in that red paint... even though it is a filing cabinet. I know I'm not the only one either!

Hi my name is ______, and I have a problem :)

HAHAHA! Now that you have admitted it, I will follow suit! :iagree:

The two things that struck me right off the bat was the cloudiness/whitish appearance and the fact that contributor mentioned SPECIFICALLY that it was not to be applied to paint.

From the first vid, I was kind of bummed when I say the HVLP sprayer, this would definitely be a niche market for experienced sprayer (me not included).

The person that comes with a hand applied formula with that kind of hydrophobid craziness is going to be a rich man. :props:

Klasse Act
03-27-2013, 11:55 AM
The last comment above is spot on! Can you imagine driving in the rain and having NO dirt on the car, LOL! With technology advancing the way it is I would be surprised if this comes to the automotive industry within 10 yrs, I mean there's money to be made and that's all the motivation some people/companies need!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

RaskyR1
03-27-2013, 12:06 PM
I agree it's just a matter of time before this is available for cars! It will be awesome when that day comes! :)

Hoytman
03-27-2013, 12:25 PM
...It will be awesome when that day comes! :)
I agree, but it might just be a sad day for detailers also.

RaskyR1
03-27-2013, 12:31 PM

Possibly, but it will still be cool! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zmcgovern45
03-27-2013, 12:34 PM

I don't think it will change business for detailers. The way I see it is hydrophobic coatings are available now to consumers. They are relatively easy to use, but nearly no one (outside of the detailing world) knows about them and most of them aren't really interested when you offer it to them.

Still, products like these, no matter how easy to use do not change the fact that you still need an experienced detailer to properly prep the paint prior to protection. The day someone invents a product that simply wipes on and leaves a perfect swirl free, scratch free, UV protected, super hydrophobic surface... then we are in trouble :awman:

Dr_Pain
03-27-2013, 02:10 PM
I don't think it will change business for detailers. The way I see it is hydrophobic coatings are available now to consumers. They are relatively easy to use, but nearly no one (outside of the detailing world) knows about them and most of them aren't really interested when you offer it to them.

Still, products like these, no matter how easy to use do not change the fact that you still need an experienced detailer to properly prep the paint prior to protection. The day someone invents a product that simply wipes on and leaves a perfect swirl free, scratch free, UV protected, super hydrophobic surface... then we are in trouble :awman:
:dblthumb2::iagree: