PDA

View Full Version : Need some suggestions

jay8s
03-26-2013, 06:41 PM
So my wife has found a new one for me. She was hit and has this mark on her paint..http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac162/cecey8s/01841277-1F16-487D-927E-A1A39701D2BF-2205-000000E563B7BE9C_zps6a172280.jpg

I have taken some wax to it, and it really did very little. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to best attack this.

Also unrelated, I am new and looking to take some of the knowledge from this y'all and build up my skills. I am pretty good with my basic knowledge, and make my black car shine pretty well. This is a new one to me, so I figured ask for help.

jay

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
03-26-2013, 07:00 PM
It looks like paint transfer try detailing clay. If that does not work you may need to use polish or a compound to remove it with a machine.

cleanmycorolla
03-26-2013, 07:01 PM
Just applying a wax wouldn't do anything for that.

Seems to me, it appears to be whatever she hit has now been left there. i would suggest clay, polish, and in fact, can't really tell but if paint was taken off you'd need a respray of the area.

But try a really aggressive clay, and perhaps a polish after either an abrasive one or a good strong paint cleaner see if that helps.

CM8 6MT
03-26-2013, 07:09 PM
Just applying a wax wouldn't do anything for that.

Seems to me, it appears to be whatever she hit has now been left there. i would suggest clay, polish, and in fact, can't really tell but if paint was taken off you'd need a respray of the area.

But try a really aggressive clay, and perhaps a polish after either an abrasive one or a good strong paint cleaner see if that helps.

^^ I agree

jay8s
03-26-2013, 07:16 PM
The area was smooth to the touch, so I am kind of perplexed. It almost looked like it was under the clear coat. Clay was my next step. I have not made my spring order yet, so it looks like it is time to get on that. This is one thing that I hate about winter, you can never really see what is on your car until a good washing.