PDA

View Full Version : Klean Strip Prep-All prep solvent

Pages : [1] 2

builthatch
03-24-2013, 05:40 PM
i don't get it - i used to find this stuff at Wal-Mart all the time. now it's MIA. in fact i didn't see one prep solvent at two Wal-Marts i visited.

i need to get some more but dunno where it's at!!!

i'll email Klean Strip.

Klean-Strip® (http://www.wmbarr.com/product.aspx?catid=33&prodid=140)

dad07
03-24-2013, 06:17 PM
Walmart quit it some time ago.......you can get it at some carquest or Napa stores... any autobody stores have something close.....

I have found as of late most autobody supply stores in my area require EIN# to purchase from them.

Marc Hufnagel
03-24-2013, 06:48 PM
I got mine at oreillyautoparts

Dirtyrango212
03-24-2013, 06:59 PM
i don't get it - i used to find this stuff at Wal-Mart all the time. now it's MIA. in fact i didn't see one prep solvent at two Wal-Marts i visited.

i need to get some more but dunno where it's at!!!

i'll email Klean Strip.

Klean-Strip® (http://www.wmbarr.com/product.aspx?catid=33&prodid=140)

I hear you I think I bought the last one over a year and half ago from the ones around me :confused: I love the stuff now all they have is the Rust-Oleum stuff? I asked a few months back about but not the same idk

builthatch
03-24-2013, 10:57 PM
I got mine at oreillyautoparts

we don't even have O'Reilly around here, believe it or not. after some digging i see it's available at Advance...even if it's PDQ, that's easier than Wal-Mart for me. plus Advance has all sorts of coupons all the time.

I hear you I think I bought the last one over a year and half ago from the ones around me :confused: I love the stuff now all they have is the Rust-Oleum stuff? I asked a few months back about but not the same idk

yeah that's right, it's all Rusto stuff now but they don't have a Rusto-branded prep solvent in the stores, at least at the ones i checked. i also found out that Wal-Mart no longer carries static model kits, because i was looking for a Testor's empty bottle kit i got there a while back. crazy. i guess kids don't have the patience for such things anymore :)

Walmart quit it some time ago.......you can get it at some carquest or Napa stores... any autobody stores have something close.....

I have found as of late most autobody supply stores in my area require EIN# to purchase from them.

i prefer the klean strip stuff because it's so damn cheap and i know for sure that it won't do anything funky. i have an EIN because i have a company but honestly i am curious why they would limit their audience like that. i'll just hit up Advance.

builthatch
03-31-2013, 10:49 PM
well, went to Advance today and luckily i had to get other stuff because if i had to only get the Prep All it would have been a wasted trip. all they had on the shelf was the spray can version and had no way to look up the gallon size.

mind boggling if you knew what was required in terms of product info if you are a supplier to Advance...they require PIES data yet this counter guy couldn't use a keyword search or anything to find out if they could get me this or not. i just laughed it off.

anyway, the gallon P/N is GSW362.

Dirtyrango212
04-01-2013, 05:59 PM
well, went to Advance today and luckily i had to get other stuff because if i had to only get the Prep All it would have been a wasted trip. all they had on the shelf was the spray can version and had no way to look up the gallon size.

mind boggling if you knew what was required in terms of product info if you are a supplier to Advance...they require PIES data yet this counter guy couldn't use a keyword search or anything to find out if they could get me this or not. i just laughed it off.

anyway, the gallon P/N is GSW362.

Good deal.. just wondering what do they get $$ for the gallon?

builthatch
04-01-2013, 10:09 PM
Good deal.. just wondering what do they get $$ for the gallon?

i think it's $17 there. a little cheaper elsewhere. if you get to over $25 at Advance you can get $5 off with the monthly coupons or with the in-store only coupon on retailmenot.

Wheelzntoys
04-01-2013, 11:06 PM
Is it to prepare for a coating?

I go to Autobody shops for DuPont Wax & Grease remover.

AG carries Gtechniq Panel Wipe.

builthatch
04-01-2013, 11:26 PM
Is it to prepare for a coating?

I go to Autobody shops for DuPont Wax & Grease remover.

AG carries Gtechniq Panel Wipe.

could be used for that...but i use 20% IPA solution as it is even cheaper than the already cheap Prep-All. i use Prep-All for goo and tar removal and other various uses. i love the stuff.

this stuff is a fraction of the cost of comparable major brand products. $17 a gallon everday at Advance is cheap as heck, even at that full price.

you can accomplish the same thing with IPA solution that Gtechniq panel wipe does but for pennies on the dollar.

melF1fan
04-02-2013, 12:46 AM
Duplicolor has a prep-all product. Don't remember the exact name but very similar to the Kleen strip.

Pep boys sells it in an aerosol for about $6. Think I've also seen it at Auto Zone.

builthatch
04-10-2013, 09:33 PM
ok, update.

screw Klean Strip.

i hate them with all of my heart.

i went to Advance. they couldn't tell me if they could get it without a part number, so i had to go on my phone to find it, which i did and they said they could get it but i wasn't completely sure it was exactly the same product because the label looked different, so i wanted to go home and check the label of what i had.

so i did, and decided it was. stopped back a week later to prepay for the crap since you have to do that if you want something PDQ...and they CANNOT get it. they can't get individual gallons, only cases of gallons. there was one store an hour away that had a lone gallon. that was my only option. so i left. no PDQ option. how crazy is that?

called Pep Boys. nope, can't get it. called Car Quest. nope. Napa? nope.

so i called Klean Strip to complain. their automated system is SO frustrating that it kept looping me back. finally i got a human by choosing the reseller option and then another one after that (which i forget). i asked the woman Lauren why they make it so hard to buy their crap and she had no answer. she literally HAD ZERO SUGGESTIONS TO BUY THEIR PRODUCT other than two strange paint and body chains that i've never heard of and are not in this state. it was the most unbelievable experience with a manufacturer.

so anyway, i found out a local paint and body shop has a product by 5 Star that is comparable and costs a couple bucks more so i'll just go get that. i will never EVER buy a Klean Strip product.

Kevin Cullen
04-10-2013, 10:04 PM
I have been looking for the Klean Strip Oderless Mineral Spirits up here in Canada and can't find it anywhere as well. Finally got someone to tell me they can't get it anymore because of the new VOC rules. Going to go with eraser from now on.

Johny B
04-10-2013, 10:11 PM
You can get it from Sherwin Williams Automotive.

Kevin Cullen
04-10-2013, 10:13 PM
You can get it from Sherwin Williams Automotive.

Thanks, I will look into that.