PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 vs. Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer

Pages : [1] 2 3

DRamsey
03-24-2013, 11:43 AM
This is my opinion of Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 vs. Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer. I’ve used both products and I really like Chemical Guys Hybrid V7, but it is simply out classed by Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer.
According to Chemical Guys web site, “Chemical Guys engineered rapid bond technology that allows Hybrid V7 to bond and disappear into the surface revealing a high gloss finish…” I’d use the word evaporate instead of disappear, anyway V7, used while drying the vehicle seems to allow the vehicle to be dried faster. The final result is pleasing, but in my opinion not wowing (is that a word?) V7 does have a slight tendency to pull lent out of the microfiber toward the end of the wipe down. That could be user error.
On the other hand, Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer really adds to the look of a freshly washed vehicle. It requires a little more attention than Hybrid V7, but it’s more than worth the small amount of additional work. I felt like it really did enhance the gloss of the finish. I almost think it darkened the finish of my gray Toyota a bit, and my wife’s sand colored Acadia simply looked awesome.
I’ll continue to us V7, but for my money Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer gets the nod.

zmcgovern45
03-24-2013, 11:53 AM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/554423_10151428757807363_1669231997_n.jpg

I love V7 - use it after every wash and typically as a final wipe after doing any other sort of detail. Seriously glossy and leaves a nice slick finish. :)

rmagnus
03-24-2013, 02:48 PM
This is my opinion of Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 vs. Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer. I’ve used both products and I really like Chemical Guys Hybrid V7, but it is simply out classed by Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer.
According to Chemical Guys web site, “Chemical Guys engineered rapid bond technology that allows Hybrid V7 to bond and disappear into the surface revealing a high gloss finish…” I’d use the word evaporate instead of disappear, anyway V7, used while drying the vehicle seems to allow the vehicle to be dried faster. The final result is pleasing, but in my opinion not wowing (is that a word?) V7 does have a slight tendency to pull lent out of the microfiber toward the end of the wipe down. That could be user error.
On the other hand, Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer really adds to the look of a freshly washed vehicle. It requires a little more attention than Hybrid V7, but it’s more than worth the small amount of additional work. I felt like it really did enhance the gloss of the finish. I almost think it darkened the finish of my gray Toyota a bit, and my wife’s sand colored Acadia simply looked awesome.
I’ll continue to us V7, but for my money Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer gets the nod.

I like both companies products. I use V07 regularily. My question is with Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax concentrate being so versitile it can be used as a detailer, waterless wash or rinseless wash why add another specific detail spray? I prefer buying in concentrates by thre gallon if possible. I use to use detail sprays for light dust now I feel the NO Rinse Wash & Wax is the way to go, just safer and leaves some wax protection behind.

Like you I continue to use V07 usually after a wash. Gald you liked the Optimumum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer. My use of detail sprays has all but been eliminated. I appreciate your review and opinion. Thank you.
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/Img/trans_1x1.gif

Rsurfer
03-24-2013, 02:57 PM
I like both companies products. I use V07 regularily. My question is with Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax concentrate being so versitile it can be used as a detailer, waterless wash or rinseless wash why add another specific detail spray? I prefer buying in concentrates by thre gallon if possible. I use to use detail sprays for light dust now I feel the NO Rinse Wash & Wax is the way to go, just safer and leaves some wax protection behind.

Like you I continue to use V07 usually after a wash. Gald you liked the Optimumum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer. My use of detail sprays has all but been eliminated. I appreciate your review and opinion. Thank you.

:iagree:With so many great water and rinse-less washes that can be used (safer) as QD's, there is no need to use qds. I'm a ex qd junkie.

TundraPower
03-24-2013, 08:05 PM
I've never used V07 but I'm going to try it. Dodo Juice Red Mist leaves one amazing finish after a quick wash and dry. Certainly not cheap though.

cleanmycorolla
03-24-2013, 10:00 PM
IMO for 'spray sealants' v7 and BF Poly Spray can't be beat.

yakky
03-25-2013, 10:50 AM
Optimum instant detailer is a fantastic product, I agree, the shine it produces is second to none. Very slick as well. Seems everyone forgets about it and goes for OCW.

vegas911gts
03-25-2013, 11:26 AM
I like v7 when my lsp is on it's last few weeks and v7 keeps it looking great until I can wash, polish, and wax again.

Tundra, if you cover shipping I can send you a sample of v7. I got a lot of it left.

FlawlessJ
03-25-2013, 12:48 PM
V7 is one of my absolutely favorite products! All of my customers that do a paint correction and the occasional maintenance wash want it after they see the difference it makes. Also with myself having a white car after a fresh detail and 5-6 washes followed by V7 I no longer get that dirt all over the side of my car when the roads are wet. Truly an outstanding product and all things considered it's pretty cheap.

TundraPower
03-25-2013, 01:00 PM
I like v7 when my lsp is on it's last few weeks and v7 keeps it looking great until I can wash, polish, and wax again.

Tundra, if you cover shipping I can send you a sample of v7. I got a lot of it left.

What method do I use to cover shipping? I've never done this.

Infiltrator
03-25-2013, 04:48 PM
I saw V7 at DetailFest but have not tried it. Good review. Will have to try it sometime.

AllenK
03-30-2013, 02:08 PM
Well,I use OID and I really love it! I was going to try some V7 for sure,but now I don't know.

Aww, I gotta try it and see. :)

Robert8194
03-30-2013, 04:29 PM
I have and use both and don't think you can go wrong with either. One thought might be if you are using Optimum products, finish with their detailer. If you are using Chemical Guys, V7 is made to complement it.

jimflutes
03-23-2014, 02:42 PM
I have and use both and don't think you can go wrong with either. One thought might be if you are using Optimum products, finish with their detailer. If you are using Chemical Guys, V7 is made to complement it.
Very good advice. Optimum instant det. is the perfect topping for a car that has been Opti-coated 2.0,because the Opti coat is all about years of protection,and the detailer is all about shine. With the Opti coat on I just wash and then spray with detailer when drying,and I am done,the car looks great and I have a lot more free time to do interior,rugs etc. I would say that after 20 years of waxing,polishing with buffers,etc. that the Opti coat is the very best you can do. I have it on my car for about a year now,and looks exactly the same as the day it went on. Jim

fly07sti
03-23-2014, 04:25 PM
I have both and really it comes down to which ever one I feel like using on a given day. They are both good, economical (especially if you get the optimum gallon concentrate) One thing that I would add though is that the smell of V7 is wonderful and I also add a couple of drops of Poly Charger to my 16oz spray when I refill it and it lasts longer and helps with anti static.
@ Tundra - If you want to try some just PM me and I'll send a bottle out to you.