PDA

View Full Version : Your most used or favorite product

Pages : [1] 2 3

akj
03-24-2013, 12:27 AM
OK. This is a shorter version on my last post. I'm looking for a lot of opinions and reviews on products y'all like the most or use the most.
I'm fairly new and don't know of many products. So instead of trying to read each product that had a review I'd like to make a thread about what's your best performing product pad or tool.

So post a quick review on 1 or 2 things u like the most and reason y. Like its results ease of use value whatever.

Basicly I'd just like to see what everyone's favorites are.
From soaps, trim products, cleaners, compounds, polishes, glazes, sealers, waxes, pads tools and so on..

Pics if u got them..
Please post about anything u have or like. Help me be open to more products that I don't know about.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using AG Online

rmagnus
03-24-2013, 12:42 AM
Best or fav product....M205

Bert31
03-24-2013, 12:45 AM
Best or fav product....M205

Always amuses me the differences of opinion to M205. Some love it, some hate, moreso than with other products.

Anyways, my favorite product is ONR, looking forward to trying ONR with wax.

mackey
03-24-2013, 12:50 AM
Onrww

habeba86
03-24-2013, 02:01 AM
My favorite overall product is probably poorboys polish with sealant. Reason being is thats what I found best to use on 80% of my customer details. It cleans the paint good, easy to work with and remove, price is ok for me, durabilty is fairly good for an aio.

Another great product for me is Collinite 845. Great price! I find it awesome to work with, removal is ok if its applied thin....I always apply with a da. Solid, consistent good results and durability. I even use it on trim sometimes.

akj
03-24-2013, 02:10 AM
My favorite overall product is probably poorboys polish with sealant. Reason being is thats what I found best to use on 80% of my customer details. It cleans the paint good, easy to work with and remove, price is ok for me, durabilty is fairly good for an aio.

Another great product for me is Collinite 845. Great price! I find it awesome to work with, removal is ok if its applied thin....I always apply with a da. Solid, consistent good results and durability. I even use it on trim sometimes.

Good post! Thats what I'm looking for what u like what it actually is. Like its a wax, sealer or whatever.
And why u like it.. thanks

Pureshine
03-24-2013, 02:24 AM
Mine is 1Z einszett Plastic Deep Cleaner.

akj
03-24-2013, 02:33 AM
Mine is 1Z einszett Plastic Deep Cleaner.

What is it like a trim restorer? Or just like a dressing? Is it just wipe on?

Lost Highway
03-24-2013, 03:42 AM
What is it like a trim restorer? Or just like a dressing? Is it just wipe on?

Just as the name implies 1Z einszett Plastic Deep Cleaner is a strong cleaner (not a dressing or "restorer") for plastic and vinyl. It comes in a spray container but using it will involve a soft brush and/or microfiber towels too. Good stuff.

My most used products are shampoos and Optimum Car Wash Concentrate, Dodo Juice Born to be Mild and Lusso Auto Bathe are my keepers out of the couple dozen plus I've tried.

vegas911gts
03-24-2013, 04:42 AM
Favorite by far is sonax perfect finish. Great one step polish that finishes way better than m205 on my car and my girlfriend's car. It is unbelievable as a one step polish on soft paint. It gets rid of scratches and swirls with a very short work time (about 90 seconds). If I had RIDS and heavier defects I would have to use something like scholls concepts s3 gold or menz fg400.

Most used would be uww+ as a qd or my carpro wash mitt.

Shortspark
03-24-2013, 05:19 AM
Duragloss AquaWax. Good for protecting paint after washes and enhancing gloss. Good for coating wheels and windows (better beading on windshield than Rain-X). Can be used as a QD in a pinch and also as a terrific drying aid - but really excels as a spray wax/sealant "topper" (use it over wax or sealant).

Although it does not mention it on the bottle, another important factor is that AW also provides good UV protection (according to Jerry at Duragloss). It is cheap compared to many other similar sprays and, unlike those other brands that have to be ordered on the web, AW can be found in some local stores such as Carquest and NAPA. The bottle and sprayer are tops and I have never had one fail or leak.

AW can not be beat in terms of the combination of ease of use, buying convenience, versatility, price and most of all, performance - just too much going for it not to be numero uno!

silverfox
03-24-2013, 05:52 AM
I assume the most used products by anybody would be car wash products. I think Duragloss 901 is a great maintenance product at an incredible value. Put 1/2 ounce ONR in the wash mix and you have an unbeatable combination for both safe washing and elimination of water spots. Most of all I love the way it rinses clean without leaving any spotting or residue.

I'd put CG wash n gloss in the must have car wash category as well for stripping old wax off your car or just before a detail.

For maintenance after each wash its hard to beat Meg's D156. Works in any temperature on any paint and never streaks. Very inexpensive as well. Duragloss aqua wax great as well.

Basically you can't go wrong with Meguiars products. Their R&D department is off the charts.

For polishes, if value means anything to you, Meg's M101, D300, M205, Ultimate polish are great products and easy to use.

For black paint...sonax perfect finish polish, then hit it with either Meg's black wax, or pinnacle souveran wax.

WRXINXS
03-24-2013, 05:59 AM
Duragloss Aquawax and Duragloss 901 are fantasic products. I like Optimum Shampoo and ONR as well.

PA DETAILER
03-24-2013, 06:06 AM
megs hyper wash. great in the bucket or foam gun. suds last the whole wash. i used them all, and hyper wash for the win.

akj
03-24-2013, 01:05 PM
Great post guys.