PDA

View Full Version : Tornador black feedback anyone?

precisionautosalon
03-23-2013, 05:26 PM
Those of you that have this tool, what compressor are you using it with and how do you like it? I'm thinking about including in my AG order this weekend. Also, what product are you putting inside it?

rmagnus
03-23-2013, 05:29 PM
Do a search and you'll find plenty of good info.

I pulled the trigger on it but haven't used it yet. From what I see diluted APC+ seems to be a preference. I hope to fire it up tomorrow.

precisionautosalon
03-23-2013, 06:09 PM
Your right, I thought of it after posting. Been searching. Share your thoughts once you try it.

VP Mark
03-23-2013, 06:58 PM
I have one, and absolutely love it. Perfect if you deal with a lot of less than idea interiors.

I use a Husky oil-less compressor from Home Depot. Not sure how many gallons, but it was about $139 and its about 3 feet tall. Gives me all the air I need and then some.

It is great for pre treating carpets, spot cleaning carpets and seats, getting in the nooks and crannies of seats, interior crevices, an handling tough spots on headliners.

I use 3D APC, but I recently switched to D301. Unless I am using it to pre-treat particularly nasty carpets, I use a 10:1 solution. Can't see any difference between the 3D APC and the D301, but I order more stuff from AG so it just made sense to switch.

Clean it out often, don't be disturbed if you have do buy a few extra parts for it when they wear out, and work it hard. It will be good to you.

Edit: Oh, I have also used QD strength ONR before for door jambs and engines before. It works nicely.

precisionautosalon
03-23-2013, 08:25 PM
Yeah most interiors I do are pretty neglected. I actually am looking to use this on my drop off details, hoping it speeds things up a bit. Right now i just use brushes with cleaner and my dupray hill injection. I just get nervous sometimes with the steamer fading surfaces. Its happened a couple times in very small tucked away areas so no big deal but still.

DaVinciAutoSpa
04-04-2013, 11:36 AM
Yeah most interiors I do are pretty neglected. I actually am looking to use this on my drop off details, hoping it speeds things up a bit. Right now i just use brushes with cleaner and my dupray hill injection. I just get nervous sometimes with the steamer fading surfaces. Its happened a couple times in very small tucked away areas so no big deal but still.

I discolored a cup holder on my old truck. Didn't even 'hold it' on there for more than a second or two. Steam is not for me.

Tornador Black is supposed to be delivered today!

AeroCleanse
04-04-2013, 11:42 AM
Those of you that have this tool, what compressor are you using it with and how do you like it? I'm thinking about including in my AG order this weekend. Also, what product are you putting inside it?

Don't have the black, I have the classic.

For product, Megs APC+ works, but I have found GTechniq W2 to work better. Don't use the regular Megs APC as it foams up.

I mix the chemical 1:10 and find it works great. I haven't tried the Tornador chemical though.

Robert8194
04-04-2013, 12:49 PM
I use BlackFire APC in mine. I'm probably not a good one to ask about compressors because I have a huge Craftsman Professional which is definitely overkill for the Black Tornador. It generates 150 PSI and has a large tank.

Dr_Pain
04-04-2013, 01:06 PM
Here is a review I did:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/60652-review-tornador-black.html

precisionautosalon
04-04-2013, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the link ill check out the review. I'm slowly pushing more and more for drop offs so if the tornador speeds things up I would definitely be picking one up along with a good size compressor. Doin interiors is sure tiring.

rmagnus
04-04-2013, 11:32 PM
Your right, I thought of it after posting. Been searching. Share your thoughts once you try it.

I'll be doing two more cars this weekend using th TB. I've been using a Sears 5hp 25gal compressor and it's more than enough. Like others I've used APC+ diluted to about 10:1. Works great on carpets, interior, door jams, trunk lids but is a dream for engind details. You just about do not need to tape off any electricals because the cleaning is so precise.

Downside is for mobile cleaning I wouldn't want to tote this compressor around. I hope to test out a smaller compressor this weekend.

Is it better than steam...it's different, both are good IMO. Bottom line is the TB is worth it. I still think there is room for improvement in the area of air consumption.

E-WAY
04-22-2013, 02:07 AM
I recently just purchase it. I'm very happy with it